| FTBL DJ

If DJ plans on getting drafted high in the NFL, he needs to have another big year. DJ playing for the NFL is a good thing for us. That means he will be playing harder and giving that extra effort to be noticed.

The Tide Will Rise Again said:
Anyone else think he needs to ride the pine and let Keith play? He is obviously playing for the NFL right now.

No, I don't. DJ has been playing banged up for one thing, so to say "he is obviously playing for the NFL" is unfair. As for KB, he has gotten more than a fair shot to earn more PT. He has come up aces in the clutch a couple of times this year, but is not as consistent as the others with his hands.

Back to DJ though, you can rest assured that if Saban thinks DJ is dogging plays, he will take care of it. We are talking about a guy who ripped into Terry Grant during the Vandy game for not hitting the hole hard enough on a play where he scored a TD, then later benched him for the same thing, even though he was averaging 7 YPC at the time. Saban preaches intensity, effort, and toughness... and Hall is not exempt from it.

I only saw twice where DJ slowed up. Both times the pass had already been made underneath. The only reason people THINK DJ was only going half effort is because the play-by-play guys implied it. They also implied that JPW wasn't looking at DJ enough, but they forgot to mention that he was covered on most of his routes.

r u crazy?

8 men into coverage. That's all I gotta say. U try finding space against one of the best - no THE best defense we'll see all season.

Hope your kidding me?

D.J. is playing with alot of heart this season. Can't even believe this post was created. You're talking about a kid who is being double coveraged constantly and still making plays...

I was at the game and have NO clue what this is all about. Don't bother to explain it to me though. I think I can put 2 and 2 together.

At this point he gets the benefit of my doubt. As some have said if Saban sees it and knows it to be true you can better bet he'll take care of it.

If DJ was to get injured and could not play, I would be devastated! Why on God's green Earth would I want a healthy DJ on the bench? He has been simply great this year. Some people listen to the talking heads on these broadcasts way too much.

Playing for the NFL? Way beyond unfair in my book.

bamafan4ever said:
If DJ was to get injured and could not play, I would be devastated! Why on God's green Earth would I want a healthy DJ on the bench? He has been simply great this year. Some people listen to the talking heads on these broadcasts way too much.

I agree 100%

Yeah, he made some pretty putz-ish moves . He always seems to come up with the melon when you need him to though. He's made JPW look awfully good with some of those comeback catches on short balls. Tough situation to be in for the ol' Coacheroo. Well, he makes 4 mil a year to handle crap like that so more power to him.

bamafan4ever said:

I'll agree about 80% :wink: :D . He was lazy running his routes on a couple of plays, but that TD catch he had was a thing of beauty. If there is an issue that needs to be taken care of, I'm sure that it will be.

vatz22au said:
Hope your kidding me?

D.J. is playing with alot of heart this season. Can't even believe this post was created. You're talking about a kid who is being double coveraged constantly and still making plays...

I hate to say it...but I agree with vatz. :shock:

bamafan4ever said:

10/10. Utterly correct. DJ has character and would not dog plays.

Back
Top Bottom