| FTBL Disgruntled WR Agiye Hall absent for Alabama's game against Tennessee

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The saga surrounding Agiye Hall continued Saturday as the freshman receiver did not suit up for Alabama for its matchup against Tennessee.

Hall expressed his frustration over playing time following Alabama’s win over Mississippi State, tweeting “Yeah nah, calling it quits” before deleting his post. Following Saturday's game, Hall provided another cryptic response over social media, posting "null" on his Twitter account.

Nick Saban elected not to go in-depth about the receiver's status on the team.

"You know, what we do with our players on our team is really kind of our business," Saban said. "We're encouraging guys to do the right thing whether it's personally, academically — aight, we've protocols that when guys miss so many things, you know they don't get to play in the game. That's always been our rule out here.

"So I'm not going to disclose, and I don't think it's anybody's business when we're trying to get players to do the right thing, and we use playing time and opportunities in football to try to get them to do the right thing personally and academically. So that's basically all I got to say about that."

Hall played in four snaps on offense against Mississippi State but was not targeted during the game. The former Rivals100 receiver has appeared in four games this season, recording a catch for 10 yards during the season opener against Miami. He did not see any action against Texas A&M two weeks ago, and played in just two snaps against Ole Miss the week before that.

While Hall was absent Saturday, sophomore receiver Javon Baker suited up for Alabama for the first time since the Crimson Tide’s Sept. 25 game against Southern Miss. Baker did not travel to Mississippi State last week.

“It’s the same thing – if players do what they’re supposed to do, they travel, they play, they contribute to the team,” Saban said Monday. “And that’s every player’s choice. Every player has a choice to do the things that they need to do to contribute to the team, and everybody’s gotta buy in. So players that do that travel. Players that have issues with that, they’re not really doing what they should do. I mean, that’s our job as a coach to make sure that people are doing the right things, and if they’re not doing the right things, there’s consequences for that. There’s consequences for that in life, there’s consequences for that when you’re in competitive sports.”

But dont expect all back...what i was thinking...
Do you?...
But ur right William, Boldon, and metchie are all list jrs..
...so they may....
Before the season I thought Williams looked like he might be in Tuscaloosa one season. I don't think his "draft stock" has improved this season so far.

I believe Metchie will go but I don't know if I can see his as a first rounder. I believe the question will boil down to whether there's an advantage to him returning. He's just now becoming healthy so we're likely to see his draft stock improve.

I read something a few weeks ago about returners and it was mentioned less than a handful have exhausted their eligibility. I didn't look any deeper to see if that was true.

Before the season I thought Williams looked like he might be in Tuscaloosa one season. I don't think his "draft stock" has improved this season so far.

I believe Metchie will go but I don't know if I can see his as a first rounder. I believe the question will boil down to whether there's an advantage to him returning. He's just now becoming healthy so we're likely to see his draft stock improve.
I would disagree that Williams' draft stock hasn't improved.... Between the home run catches & return ability, he's got to be considered a top 5'er at WR which he wasn't even on the radar before the Miami game. The drops are an issue though... for sure.

And you may be right about Metchie. He's a tough one to gage. Just not a physically impressive specimen and that might only slightly improve with another year... Getting healthy and productive this year may be as good as it gets for him in terms of draft stock, although he'd almost for sure torch secondary's again next year (especially if Williams leaves).

Metchie has not performed to what I was expecting. Maybe it has been injuries. He does seem to be stepping it up the last two games. If he continues to show that improvement he could very well move on after the season.

Metchie has not performed to what I was expecting. Maybe it has been injuries. He does seem to be stepping it up the last two games. If he continues to show that improvement he could very well move on after the season.

He was hurt. Now he's healthier, and looks great.

Jameson is a 1st round pick on draft board, FWIW.

He also has hit speeds in training with Rhea/Ballou that are the fastest they have EVER recorded, and he keeps increasing IN-SEASON.

I can see that! But compared to where he was coming into the year, has he exceeded your expectations?
I really didn’t have any expectations for him to be honest. I tend to throttle expectations on a kid that transfers in. Hope for the best but expect the worst kind of thing you know. Like being a Braves fan!! Don’t get too vested just to have your guts ripped out and shown to you.😂

I really didn’t have any expectations for him to be honest. I tend to throttle expectations on a kid that transfers in. Hope for the best but expect the worst kind of thing you know. Like being a Braves fan!! Don’t get too vested just to have your guts ripped out and shown to you.😂

You're worse than a dang politician man.....

Did you think he'd be our #1 receiver and return man?! Lead the team in receiving TDs? I thought he'd he could be good... Not like this though. He's by far and away the most dynamic threat on the team

Did you think he'd be our #1 receiver and return man?! Lead the team in receiving TDs? I thought he'd he could be good... Not like this though. He's by far and away the most dynamic threat on the team

Think of his stats if Bryce hit him on a couple of those deep throws he was wide open on. He'd be at 1,000 yard most likely.

Ha Ha!! Definitely no where near a politician! I learned from my time coaching too, don’t get your hopes up too high in a kid, even the ones you coach.
As far as Williams goes, I didn’t think he would be any of those!!

Back
Top Bottom