| FTBL Disgruntled WR Agiye Hall absent for Alabama's game against Tennessee

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The saga surrounding Agiye Hall continued Saturday as the freshman receiver did not suit up for Alabama for its matchup against Tennessee.

Hall expressed his frustration over playing time following Alabama’s win over Mississippi State, tweeting “Yeah nah, calling it quits” before deleting his post. Following Saturday's game, Hall provided another cryptic response over social media, posting "null" on his Twitter account.

Nick Saban elected not to go in-depth about the receiver's status on the team.

"You know, what we do with our players on our team is really kind of our business," Saban said. "We're encouraging guys to do the right thing whether it's personally, academically — aight, we've protocols that when guys miss so many things, you know they don't get to play in the game. That's always been our rule out here.

"So I'm not going to disclose, and I don't think it's anybody's business when we're trying to get players to do the right thing, and we use playing time and opportunities in football to try to get them to do the right thing personally and academically. So that's basically all I got to say about that."

Hall played in four snaps on offense against Mississippi State but was not targeted during the game. The former Rivals100 receiver has appeared in four games this season, recording a catch for 10 yards during the season opener against Miami. He did not see any action against Texas A&M two weeks ago, and played in just two snaps against Ole Miss the week before that.

While Hall was absent Saturday, sophomore receiver Javon Baker suited up for Alabama for the first time since the Crimson Tide’s Sept. 25 game against Southern Miss. Baker did not travel to Mississippi State last week.

“It’s the same thing – if players do what they’re supposed to do, they travel, they play, they contribute to the team,” Saban said Monday. “And that’s every player’s choice. Every player has a choice to do the things that they need to do to contribute to the team, and everybody’s gotta buy in. So players that do that travel. Players that have issues with that, they’re not really doing what they should do. I mean, that’s our job as a coach to make sure that people are doing the right things, and if they’re not doing the right things, there’s consequences for that. There’s consequences for that in life, there’s consequences for that when you’re in competitive sports.”

Post game interview a reporter ask about Hall. Saban essentially said it was a team issue and not anybody's business.

Having said that, we all know Saban can by coy in his wording and will tell you what is going on, without telling you what is going on.

He was talking about doing what is best as a player and a person in order to see the field. We have all heard his rants about this. Within this speech he mentioned the term, "whether it be academic" or some other issue. I don't know if it is going to class or just not making the grade, but if I were to guess, that would be what I would suspect.

Post game interview a reporter ask about Hall. Saban essentially said it was a team issue and not anybody's business.

Having said that, we all know Saban can by coy in his wording and will tell you what is going on, without telling you what is going on.

He was talking about doing what is best as a player and a person in order to see the field. We have all heard his rants about this. Within this speech he mentioned the term, "whether it be academic" or some other issue. I don't know if it is going to class or just not making the grade, but if I were to guess, that would be what I would suspect.
Coach Saban's pressers are just as much for the team as it is the fans and news media. He talks to the players through those pressers. Good Post

Sure hope this kid is getting some sound guidance. If he will do what CNS is asking him to do he can become another one of the greats I believe. He will have to change his behaviors. Long term view it will be for his own good.

Sure hope this kid is getting some sound guidance. If he will do what CNS is asking him to do he can become another one of the greats I believe. He will have to change his behaviors. Long term view it will be for his own good.
He can change if he wants to be part of team. Or transfer if he doesn't

There are plenty that want the scholly

But dont need a bitchy cancer in locker room. And there are plenty of players available to help him.

I think Coach Saban does the players like he want. Most of the time it works out for the best!! I bet Joe and if Kenny was still living. Both would say he reminds them of another Coach!
here is a old article from some of Bryant's players saying just that.......

Sounds like Hall has similar issues as the old OSU QB Cardale Jones had with school. He doesn’t care for it either. We all know that CNS holds everyone accountable both on and off the field and you EARN your time on the field, nothing is simply given. I hope the young man will learn from this, mature, and then go on to have a good career here. If he doesn’t, he will simply bounce around to 2-3 other schools and flame out to be another Duron Carter or the big WR that Missouri had several years ago that we were high on and wanted badly. Best grow up young man or be processed.

The kid has enough examples of if you do what CNS tells you to do you will excel and get to where you want to go. Hope the kid can see beyond his own feelings/desires.

All he had to do was watch the graphic they put up during the Falcons/Dolphins game. Seven first round wide receivers currently un the NFL from Saban Alabama teams.

Follow the freaking blue print.

Seen some references to his dad going off on stupid comments being made by some "fans". If people will cool it and give the kid some time and coach some time to coach him he can turn it around. If people or jumping on him in social media it is not going to help the kid clear his head. He will make emotional decisions which usually do not turn out well.

@mando .

May have a point.... families and players have been listening on social media how great someone is....and when itgoes south... they still listen!

Got shut it off....listen to those that matter...that can control things....certainly not. Fans...

@mando .

May have a point.... families and players have been listening on social media how great someone is....and when itgoes south... they still listen!

Got shut it off....listen to those that matter...that can control things....certainly not. Fans...
Yeah the kid is talented and we all know if he will push past this and stick with CNS it will work out best for him. I hate to see it squandered by emotional decisions caused but stupid fans.

That's rich.
Not sure what that means but I will take it is something good :).

If every kid who has had to sit down with Saban because he was unhappy with his status and was considering leaving, had left, we wouldn't have all the championships we have since he's been here. There's a bit more going on with this one than just a kid frustrated with his playing time, but it's certainly nothing that Saban hasn't dealt with numerous times, and will continue to do so as long as he's at UA. Maybe Hall eventually transfers, but history shows that it is more likely that he doesn't. If Saban wanted him gone at this point, he'd be gone. Saban sees value in Hall and I would imagine in turn, Hall see's value in that, or will the longer he sticks it out. If Hall stays and ends up having an impactful career and eventually gets drafted, he won't be the first to follow the path of disgruntled player that went from the brink of leaving, to a stay in Saban's doghouse, to a UA career to be proud of.

Back
Top Bottom