| FTBL Disgruntled WR Agiye Hall absent for Alabama's game against Tennessee

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The saga surrounding Agiye Hall continued Saturday as the freshman receiver did not suit up for Alabama for its matchup against Tennessee.

Hall expressed his frustration over playing time following Alabama’s win over Mississippi State, tweeting “Yeah nah, calling it quits” before deleting his post. Following Saturday's game, Hall provided another cryptic response over social media, posting "null" on his Twitter account.

Nick Saban elected not to go in-depth about the receiver's status on the team.

"You know, what we do with our players on our team is really kind of our business," Saban said. "We're encouraging guys to do the right thing whether it's personally, academically — aight, we've protocols that when guys miss so many things, you know they don't get to play in the game. That's always been our rule out here.

"So I'm not going to disclose, and I don't think it's anybody's business when we're trying to get players to do the right thing, and we use playing time and opportunities in football to try to get them to do the right thing personally and academically. So that's basically all I got to say about that."

Hall played in four snaps on offense against Mississippi State but was not targeted during the game. The former Rivals100 receiver has appeared in four games this season, recording a catch for 10 yards during the season opener against Miami. He did not see any action against Texas A&M two weeks ago, and played in just two snaps against Ole Miss the week before that.

While Hall was absent Saturday, sophomore receiver Javon Baker suited up for Alabama for the first time since the Crimson Tide’s Sept. 25 game against Southern Miss. Baker did not travel to Mississippi State last week.

“It’s the same thing – if players do what they’re supposed to do, they travel, they play, they contribute to the team,” Saban said Monday. “And that’s every player’s choice. Every player has a choice to do the things that they need to do to contribute to the team, and everybody’s gotta buy in. So players that do that travel. Players that have issues with that, they’re not really doing what they should do. I mean, that’s our job as a coach to make sure that people are doing the right things, and if they’re not doing the right things, there’s consequences for that. There’s consequences for that in life, there’s consequences for that when you’re in competitive sports.”

Well, I obviously missed that when it happened because I still have no idea who used it or who was offended. Nonetheless, someone will have to explain to me why the use of the word thug on this site or any site deserves condemnation. If I’ve offended someone for having used thug to describe someone who assaulted four people, damaged their property and resisted arrest … then that’s on them. I certainly didn’t expect I’d be subject to the leftist PC Nazi’s on this forum.
Just please do not use the phrase "old bald guy" and I won't be offended 😆

Just please do not use the phrase "old bald guy" and I won't be offended 😆
@Davestwin

Or even "old". Trying to characterize those into a group that just happen to have been born longer than others... just dont know how the "O-word" feels once applied. It hurts....and...along with most everything else (especially in the morning).... i prefer "Age-ed" ... ( you know i am being satirical)...

Last edited:
Well, I obviously missed that when it happened because I still have no idea who used it or who was offended. Nonetheless, someone will have to explain to me why the use of the word thug on this site or any site deserves condemnation. If I’ve offended someone for having used thug to describe someone who assaulted four people, damaged their property and resisted arrest … then that’s on them. I certainly didn’t expect I’d be subject to the leftist PC Nazi’s on this forum.
:).....no issue here, it was a dig on an old topic in the past and the times we live in today.

@Davestwin

Or even "old". Trying to characterize those into a group that just happen to have been born longer than others... just dont know how the "O-word" feels once applied. It hurts....and...along with most everything else (especially in the morning).... i prefer "Age-ed" ... ( you know i am being satirical)...
I am noticing it is not getting any better either!!!! Man once I hit 50's everything seems to start hurting w/o a reason :( .

At this point I am beginning to think he is selfish and immature. He appears to be more focused on himself than the team, and he doesn't have a regulator that prevents him from tweeting everything that pops into his head. It might be better for everyone involved if he transfers, because I don't think he can put the needs of the team before his own. Of course that's just my opinion based on his social media ramblings. Nick will handle it for the best.

What does this even mean?

People have too much time on their hands.

Despite all the talk surrounding Hall, he was hosting recruits this past weekend and selling them on Alabama. I don't think the staff would make him a player-host for recruits if he was the problem child many are saying. Maybe I'm wrong, but there are 85 players who they could've chosen......

Its been outlined for him....
Follow the bouncing ball....and will get where you need to be..

As a young person...time moves slowly...next year is ....light years away...
As u get older....time speeds up...and next year is just snap of fingers away...

If he-is hosting recruits....he is working on things...

Back
Top Bottom