| FTBL Disgruntled WR Agiye Hall absent for Alabama's game against Tennessee

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The saga surrounding Agiye Hall continued Saturday as the freshman receiver did not suit up for Alabama for its matchup against Tennessee.

Hall expressed his frustration over playing time following Alabama’s win over Mississippi State, tweeting “Yeah nah, calling it quits” before deleting his post. Following Saturday's game, Hall provided another cryptic response over social media, posting "null" on his Twitter account.

Nick Saban elected not to go in-depth about the receiver's status on the team.

"You know, what we do with our players on our team is really kind of our business," Saban said. "We're encouraging guys to do the right thing whether it's personally, academically — aight, we've protocols that when guys miss so many things, you know they don't get to play in the game. That's always been our rule out here.

"So I'm not going to disclose, and I don't think it's anybody's business when we're trying to get players to do the right thing, and we use playing time and opportunities in football to try to get them to do the right thing personally and academically. So that's basically all I got to say about that."

Hall played in four snaps on offense against Mississippi State but was not targeted during the game. The former Rivals100 receiver has appeared in four games this season, recording a catch for 10 yards during the season opener against Miami. He did not see any action against Texas A&M two weeks ago, and played in just two snaps against Ole Miss the week before that.

While Hall was absent Saturday, sophomore receiver Javon Baker suited up for Alabama for the first time since the Crimson Tide’s Sept. 25 game against Southern Miss. Baker did not travel to Mississippi State last week.

“It’s the same thing – if players do what they’re supposed to do, they travel, they play, they contribute to the team,” Saban said Monday. “And that’s every player’s choice. Every player has a choice to do the things that they need to do to contribute to the team, and everybody’s gotta buy in. So players that do that travel. Players that have issues with that, they’re not really doing what they should do. I mean, that’s our job as a coach to make sure that people are doing the right things, and if they’re not doing the right things, there’s consequences for that. There’s consequences for that in life, there’s consequences for that when you’re in competitive sports.”

If every kid who has had to sit down with Saban because he was unhappy with his status and was considering leaving, had left, we wouldn't have all the championships we have since he's been here. There's a bit more going on with this one than just a kid frustrated with his playing time, but it's certainly nothing that Saban hasn't dealt with numerous times, and will continue to do so as long as he's at UA. Maybe Hall eventually transfers, but history shows that it is more likely that he doesn't. If Saban wanted him gone at this point, he'd be gone. Saban sees value in Hall and I would imagine in turn, Hall see's value in that, or will the longer he sticks it out. If Hall stays and ends up having an impactful career and eventually gets drafted, he won't be the first to follow the path of disgruntled player that went from the brink of leaving, to a stay in Saban's doghouse, to a UA career to be proud of.

I have SO much respect w/ CNS that he will not give anyone a pass on what it takes to play. On the field or off the field. There is nothing that sours a team or a business than a boss allowing a bad employee/teammate a pass because of their talent. Its a kiss of death & it takes real grapefruits to stand your ground against them. And what's ironic is they will normally tow the line & contribute but they do what they all do until someone says no.

Sounds like Hall has similar issues as the old OSU QB Cardale Jones had with school. He doesn’t care for it either. We all know that CNS holds everyone accountable both on and off the field and you EARN your time on the field, nothing is simply given. I hope the young man will learn from this, mature, and then go on to have a good career here. If he doesn’t, he will simply bounce around to 2-3 other schools and flame out to be another Duron Carter or the big WR that Missouri had several years ago that we were high on and wanted badly. Best grow up young man or be processed.
Dorial Green-Beckham was that Missouri screwup who had elite physical talent but a thugs brain. Only lasted two years in the NFL and just this summer was arrested for assault on four people, property damage and resisting arrest. So, he’s about to spend some time with other thugs who will care not one bit about who he thought he was going to be.

If every kid who has had to sit down with Saban because he was unhappy with his status and was considering leaving, had left, we wouldn't have all the championships we have since he's been here. There's a bit more going on with this one than just a kid frustrated with his playing time, but it's certainly nothing that Saban hasn't dealt with numerous times, and will continue to do so as long as he's at UA. Maybe Hall eventually transfers, but history shows that it is more likely that he doesn't. If Saban wanted him gone at this point, he'd be gone. Saban sees value in Hall and I would imagine in turn, Hall see's value in that, or will the longer he sticks it out. If Hall stays and ends up having an impactful career and eventually gets drafted, he won't be the first to follow the path of disgruntled player that went from the brink of leaving, to a stay in Saban's doghouse, to a UA career to be proud of.
And will praise NS
If not then him n dad can continue their path. Wherever it leads

You know. That didnt choose bama because of a weak ass promise. They knew the ropes

Dorial Green-Beckham was that Missouri screwup who had elite physical talent but a thugs brain. Only lasted two years in the NFL and just this summer was arrested for assault on four people, property damage and resisting arrest. So, he’s about to spend some time with other thugs who will care not one bit about who he thought he was going to be.
Oh shit..... you done it now. ;) :p

If some of the stuff that I've seen about him supposedly "liking" or retweeting stuff where people are dogging his teammates, then I'm comfortable with him going somewhere else. Also, some of the stuff his dad is doing is out of hand. I've said before I hate when fans tag players or reply directly to them with negativity and insults (It's just weird as hell to me) but it seemed like he was going after fans that were just mentioning his name without actually tagging him or replying to him directly. He's unbelievably talented so it would be great if he could turn it around but I dont think it's likely.

If some of the stuff that I've seen about him supposedly "liking" or retweeting stuff where people are dogging his teammates, then I'm comfortable with him going somewhere else. Also, some of the stuff his dad is doing is out of hand. I've said before I hate when fans tag players or reply directly to them with negativity and insults (It's just weird as hell to me) but it seemed like he was going after fans that were just mentioning his name without actually tagging him or replying to him directly. He's unbelievably talented so it would be great if he could turn it around but I dont think it's likely.
Social media is a cancer...with an easy cure....shut it down...

Used the "high T" word on here. Somebody still trying to wash the bbq sauce off their ass after getting grilled for using it not too long ago. :p
Well, I obviously missed that when it happened because I still have no idea who used it or who was offended. Nonetheless, someone will have to explain to me why the use of the word thug on this site or any site deserves condemnation. If I’ve offended someone for having used thug to describe someone who assaulted four people, damaged their property and resisted arrest … then that’s on them. I certainly didn’t expect I’d be subject to the leftist PC Nazi’s on this forum.

Some people see it as you calling him the "N-word" without actually saying it. Figured I'd just let you know instead of beating around the bush.
Thanks for telling me BamaFan33 … but that’s BS! I use that term to describe people who break the law and prey on other folks regardless of their skin color. I’m done with the leftist PC Nazi’s. If they control this forum then I’m out of here. And that would be a shame because I really like the site and the people. Oh well, I’ll wait to see if I’m scolded officially.

Well, I obviously missed that when it happened because I still have no idea who used it or who was offended. Nonetheless, someone will have to explain to me why the use of the word thug on this site or any site deserves condemnation. If I’ve offended someone for having used thug to describe someone who assaulted four people, damaged their property and resisted arrest … then that’s on them. I certainly didn’t expect I’d be subject to the leftist PC Nazi’s on this forum.
No grilling here and use whatever terminology you like to describe others, but the word itself has become synonymous with the n-word in society. It is the indirect and nondescript way of saying the n-word. Personally, I agree with your assessment of DBG, but to me he's just a criminal and an element to a larger problem we have in society that transverses all races. So, proceed as you may and Roll Tide.

Back
Top Bottom