| FTBL Did you guys see the play with Upchurch left alone?

G

I think it was the 1st or 2nd play of OT. Upchurch was about to have a fit to get JPW's attention. Our entire section was screaming for JP to snap it and get the ball to Upchurch. He was all alone uncovered lined up as a receiver.

JPW did his usualy long snap count, and I don't think he ever even saw Upchurch. Just another of the 100's of little things that didn't go our way the other night.

It reminded me of the same situation vs. Arkansas back in '05. Not one Arky defender was lined up on DJ. Brodie picked up on it RIGHT away and immediately threw DJ a TD strike.

jpw

He really needs to work on his cadence and go through more reads. GA's line was defintely jumping with perfect timing. It really looks like he is only looking at his first receiver. Am I wrong?

BamaDelta said:
JPW did his usualy long snap count, and I don't think he ever even saw Upchurch. Just another of the 100's of little things that didn't go our way the other night.

It reminded me of the same situation vs. Arkansas back in '05. Not one Arky defender was lined up on DJ. Brodie picked up on it RIGHT away and immediately threw DJ a TD strike.

Delta, I think the biggest difference are two things. Croyle was a Senior QB who had been playing in the same system starting his 3 year. JPW is a junior under a new system. Two glaring issues. JMHO.

True, but every QB HAS to scan the field. He was basically just looking to the short side of the field the whole pre-snap. Even when a guy lined up on RU, I believe it was a backer. Talk about a mismatch. :?

For the past 3 games the opposing DL have almost acted like they knew what the snap count is on almost every play.

As for him not seeing Upchurch, this is just a prime example of John Parker knowing who he's throwing the ball to, and not looking for anyone else, before the snap is ever made.

I know guys. He never even looked that way, and we were all freakin' out yelling to him to LOOK. Upchurch was trying everything he could do to get JP's attention. I'm sure that is when UGA realized he was all alone. :?

BamaDelta said:
I know guys. He never even looked that way, and we were all freakin' out yelling to him to LOOK. Upchurch was trying everything he could do to get JP's attention. I'm sure that is when UGA realized he was all alone. :?

It was. But, I still think he could have ran right by the backer for a fade or a fly. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom