| FTBL Defense

Not seeing much on here about how much pressure we kept on there QB. Bama completely dominated there offensive line and stayed in their backfield.
Also, what about the power behind some of the hits we put on their receivers. Gonna be a good year.
Give Tiffin props as well, even the one he missed was close and at 52 yards who can complain.

Did anybody else notice how our "D" looked lost several times? I seen a lot of plays where they would throw their hands up like they didnt know the play call. I thought Rolando McClain did a hell of a job telling people where to be. I seen him all over the field pointing other players into the correct position.

With that pointed out, I am not saying they didnt do a great job. I absolutely loved the way they played last night but they did looked confused on some plays.

lilstat said:
Did anybody else notice how our "D" looked lost several times? I seen a lot of plays where they would throw their hands up like they didnt know the play call. I thought Rolando McClain did a hell of a job telling people where to be. I seen him all over the field pointing other players into the correct position.

With that pointed out, I am not saying they didnt do a great job. I absolutely loved the way they played last night but they did looked confused on some plays.

I think a lot of that was just the D making their adjustments....but they did look confused some. On Marquis Johnsons pick...I thought Javier was not going to get shifted over in time to cover his man. He was about 2 steps behind in catching up with the man in motion that he covered. The play worked out pretty good though. :wink:

lilstat said:

Clemson shifted formations a lot. I noticed that we looked lost trying to readjust a couple times, but for the most part those boys got it right! I was very surprised by our young players putting it all together. I'd have to say our defensive MVP would be Mr. Cody. He was in the backfield almost every play. I was amused by Rashad Johnson. He just couldn't seem to haul in those picks. I know he was frustrated; he had a shot at 3! I bet he spends some time with the throwing machine this week. :wink:

lilstat said:

There will be a learning curve for a lot of these new guys and at times they will not only look lost but actually be lost. We just need to be sure we as fans don't go back to our old ways of wanting to crucify the coaching staff because of natural growing pains.

I must say that on both sides of the ball it looks like CNS's 4th quarter program is working... we didnt look tired... we finished the game and didnt let them come back and either beating us or almost losing the game... we just looked like a different team than last year.. im excited about the rest of the season... looking forward to Arkansas and Georgia...

Back
Top Bottom