| FTBL Deep thoughts by Jack Handey: Are we 4-0 heading to Athens?

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
bamabass23 said:
We also must shut down the one and only, Knowshon Moreno. He is a major key in their offense, I mean 3 TD's in one game? That is a major factor. If we can get in his face and put him on the ground, as we did Clemson's RB's, I think we can pull the upset.

;tr

We stopped 2 Knowshon Moreno's on the same team last year when we played Arkansas. One of them will not be as difficult.

Caleb King makes for a pretty good 2nd punch and Richard Samuel (3rd string) is getting some carries as well.

I know, Terry. I still do not see a team running it down 'Bama's gut, no matter if they do have the best running back to ever play the game on their side.

'Bama has a fairly decent run defense.

I'm hearing there is a good chance that the Arkansas/Texas game will be cancelled due to the hurricane. The Governor is supposed to make a decision tomorrow. Of course that would give them extra rest and more time to gameplan for us. I know we're better than Arky but having to live here this game always makes me nervous. I just hope their defense is as bad as it seems and JPW can take advantage of it. He has owned them in the past.

I say we play WKU then worry about the next team. It's nice to guess, but I don't want to see another ULM! Seems that slips minds a lot.

Our best bet against Georgia is for our players (collectively) to focus and do their jobs in the next two games. We should not just win but should dominate both WKU and Arkansas. We need to execute well and get our starters off the field. When college players play undisciplined, unfocused football they get upset, nervous and foolish and put themselves in the position to be hurt both physically and mentally. We need these guys to play good, play fast and get off the field so that we go into Athens healthy (physically) and upbeat (emotionally). If we play sloppy ball over the next 2 games and our starters play the majority of minutes then I think fingers start getting pointed, tensions rise and Georgia thumps us.

I think we can hang with GA. if we come out and dominate the line of scrimmage like we did against Clemson. I think it just depends on what team shows up, the team that played Tulane or the team that dominated Clemson. I believe Saban will have them ready.

Tideboy said:
Arkansas just got an extra week to prepare for us. Never look past the piglets. They have given us fits in years past.

This is one game I am not worried about at all. Arkansas just won their last game of the season last week to ULM and I am glad that we will be the first kick them around for the next 10 games. Do not worry about Arkansas.

I think we will beat Georgia this year. Look how close it was last year with the highly hyped Georgia team. I believe we have a better/smarter team (especially the QB) this year. Since we came so close last year, we should win this game due to our improvement is superior to Georgia's.

Tideboy said:
Arkansas just got an extra week to prepare for us. Never look past the piglets. They have given us fits in years past.

Ark / Tejas postponed to Sept 27

A lot of that credit goes to Houston Nutt, IMO. He always been one that had his team very high when it came to playing Alabama. Great game day motivator!

Can Petrino find the same buttons to push that Nutt has with the Arkansas teams?

I don't see it this year. If, and when, he gets the talent in place that'll be a different story.

TerryP said:
Tideboy said:

Ark / Tejas postponed to Sept 27

A lot of that credit goes to Houston Nutt, IMO. He always been one that had his team very high when it came to playing Alabama. Great game day motivator!

Can Petrino find the same buttons to push that Nutt has with the Arkansas teams?

I don't see it this year. If, and when, he gets the talent in place that'll be a different story.

Yea, Mississippi will be the one giving us fits now and we will all see that this is no joke.

Back
Top Bottom