| BSB/SB CWS Finals: LSU wins 7th National Title

Pretty sure Skenes is spent. Threw 100+ pitches coming off of a 100+ pitching against Tennesse on short rest (4 days). I can't see him pitching any this weekend unless he comes out of the bullpen.

One of the better plays I've seen from 1B in my lifetime.

Without a doubt!!! I have a strong dislike for all things LSwho, but I do have a big amount of respect for their baseball program. I believe it stems from a conversation that I once had with their HoF coach, Skip Bertman. He took 15-20 minutes of his time to talk to me when I was going into my first year as a HC. Respect!!

Yeah skip bertman, can sit and talk coaching/ball with anyone. My brother met him and he talked with him.. said he was a wealth of knowledge….
I had a kid that stood 6’6” 215lbs with a fastball sitting 92-94 at 17 years old. He was a really good basketball player as well. He wanted to see what offers he might get for baseball. BSC was the best basketball offer and they were pressing for an early signature. None of the instate coaches would call me back. Bertman answered the phone!! Told me how he got Ben McDonald and then explained 11.7 to me and that the kid should sign with BSC. He promised to call their baseball coach to let him know. My kid played both his last 3 years, coming out of the bullpen.

Like I said, "no explanation."

Demographics, eh? So, they want to limit opportunities for all because some areas of the country don't have as many players as others.
Oh I agree with you 100%. I should’ve said that’s the way it was attempted to be explained to me. Not just population, but groups within particular populations. At the time, the recruiting coordinator for western Kentucky, 8-10 yrs ago. They were recruiting my son (football but also wanted him to play baseball). All for nothing tho, he got sick his senior year, which caused a few nagging injuries he could never shake. Doc advised against playing football after high school. Kinda broke him a little and he didn’t want anything to do with baseball any more.

Last edited:
Was actually told that by signing more minorities, they’d receive more federal and state dollars. Also more monies if those minorities came from certain population centers. Let’s face it, baseball is stereotypically a suburban “white” sport. His words not mine, and yes he is a black gentleman.

Was actually told that by signing more minorities, they’d receive more federal and state dollars. Also more monies if those minorities came from certain population centers. Let’s face it, baseball is stereotypically a suburban “white” sport. His words not mine, and yes he is a black gentleman.
Jckie Robinson, Hank Aron, Will Mays, etc... might beg to differ.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I should’ve said that’s the way it was attempted to be explained to me. Not just population, but groups within particular populations. At the time, the recruiting coordinator for western Kentucky, 8-10 yrs ago. They were recruiting my son (football but also wanted him to play baseball). All for nothing tho, he got sick his senior year, which caused a few nagging injuries he could never shake. Doc advised against playing football after high school. Kinda broke him a little and he didn’t want anything to do with baseball any more.
I'm guessing here ...

I'd think the population of Bowling Green to be under 100K; probably in the 80K range. On the other hand, Tulsa has what...'round 400K? So, I can see a disparity there when I think about seeing ORU in the CWS. Then again, WKU is what, two hours from Lexington?

There is always Hockey and Golf…. Oh wait😉

I'm guessing here ...

I'd think the population of Bowling Green to be under 100K; probably in the 80K range. On the other hand, Tulsa has what...'round 400K? So, I can see a disparity there when I think about seeing ORU in the CWS. Then again, WKU is what, two hours from Lexington?
Not sure if the demographics of Kentucky at the time. He was here in Pensacola talking to a group of us. 10 kids plus the parents, all of us from between mobile to Jacksonville. Actually told all the white kids they need to do and be better than their minority counterparts. And again this is a black man telling our entire group, 3 white kids, 6 black kids, and 1 Polynesian (Samoan) (umaga’s youngest son)

Back
Top Bottom