| BSB/SB CWS Finals: LSU wins 7th National Title

Just another reason to love baseball! You can be the best team in America but in a 3 game series, anything can happen. If we can get good starts from our starters,6 innings+, and put together some good ABs, I like our chances to get this weekend. We’ve been in very hostile environments and proven we can hang with anyone. We went to Arky and won 1 of 3 but were in every game, same at Florida, and even though we were swept at LSwho, we were in every game, even though our ex-HC was betting on us to lose. Not over until the 27 outs have been recorded. RMFT!!!

If we can get good starts from our starters,6 innings+, and put together some good ABs,
I fell down that rabbit hole a couple of weeks ago. In successful outings Bama's been winning if they can get 5+. It was McMillan or McNairy who had a W on 5 and a third (shortest outing.)

I think it's David Hale who has a write up on WF's pitching staff ... solid group. IF Bama were healthy.

Or... Bama v. an OU-softball version of a monster, at least according to this article:
Reminiscent of '83 Texas. Four pitchers who would make it to MLB and Roger Clemens wasn't even the best of the four at the time. That would be Calvin Schiraldi who was MVP of the CWS. Although Clemens would pitch and win the CG against Bama, he was not even on the All Tournament Team. The pitchers were Schiraldi and Bama's Tim Meacham.

Last edited:
Reminiscent of '83 Texas. Four pitchers who would make it to MLB and Roger Clemens wasn't even the best of the four at the time. That would be Calvin Schiraldi who was MVP of the CWS. Although Clemens would pitch and win the CG against Bama, he was not even on the All Tournament Team. The pitchers were Schiraldi and Bama's Tim Meacham.
I had a cousin that was on that ‘83 BAMA team as a bullpen catcher. He says that his claim to fame in a BAMA uniform came against Roger Clemens. He said he watched strikes one and two fly by before swinging at strike three at Clemens was in the windup!😂

I fell down that rabbit hole a couple of weeks ago. In successful outings Bama's been winning if they can get 5+. It was McMillan or McNairy who had a W on 5 and a third (shortest outing.)

I think it's David Hale who has a write up on WF's pitching staff ... solid group. IF Bama were healthy.
Yep! IF Hess, Hitt, and Jean were all healthy, just how strong would this BAMA pitching staff be?

On a side note! The game has been delayed due to a medical event of an ESPN staffer according to a lot of Twitter accounts. No fans are in the stadium as of yet. Looking at a 12:45 CT start now.

On a side note! The game has been delayed due to a medical event of an ESPN staffer according to a lot of Twitter accounts. No fans are in the stadium as of yet. Looking at a 12:45 CT start now.
thankyou_32.png

Back
Top Bottom