| BSB/SB CWS Finals: LSU wins 7th National Title

There is no explanation for 11.7 for baseball. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Poor choice of words on my part. Let me correct myself and say that conversation was when I was first introduced to 11.7.
As for the Ben McDonald story, Bertman told me that Ben had come to LSwho via a basketball scholarship to play for Dale Brown. After his first fall on campus, he never went back to basketball.
Back to 11.7. I always understood it to be a way to ā€œlevelā€ the playing field/ # of scholarships between the sexes, Title IX bullshit. My ballplayer went on to BSC and after redshirting his first year, he led the nation (all divisions) in 3 point FG%. He grew another 1 1/2ā€ and put in another 15-20lbs. After graduation, he went into pharmaceutical sales. Good kid that grew into a fine man!

That was brutal! Iā€™ve been on both sides of those kind of games, but never THAT bad!!! If you are on the LSwho side of this, it might actually be easier to bounce back. You can do a reset and just chalk it up to Murphyā€™s Law. You committed errors that allowed innings to continue and runs score and you left a lot of runners on base and allowed UF to ā€œsurviveā€ the wildness of the starter. I imagine Skenes tries to come back on 3 days rest.

Back
Top Bottom