| PRO Congrats to Jalen Hurts on his BIG contract (now highest paid NFL player in history)...

Dont know about Tua....can be really good but strikes me as more CF QB....
He has quite a receving corps around him ...

Stay healthy is certainly a ?........
Healthy is going to be the big thing. Comparing Tua and Jalen, they are very similar (though Tua haas played in fewer games) although Jalen is much better at rushing.

Tua - 36 games with 65.7% completion rate for 8,015 yards (7.4 yards average) 53/23 TD/INT and 307 yards rushing and 6 TD.

Jalen - 45 games with 62.3 % completion rate for 7,906 yards (7.6 yards average) 44/19 TD/INT and 1,898 yards rushing and 26 TD

Healthy is going to be the big thing. Comparing Tua and Jalen, they are very similar (though Tua haas played in fewer games) although Jalen is much better at rushing.

Tua - 36 games with 65.7% completion rate for 8,015 yards (7.4 yards average) 53/23 TD/INT and 307 yards rushing and 6 TD.

Jalen - 45 games with 62.3 % completion rate for 7,906 yards (7.6 yards average) 44/19 TD/INT and 1,898 yards rushing and 26 TD
@Rolltide24

And that division......
With :
Bills
Jets
Pats

Gotta play those 3 2times

This is one of those situations like Ingram, Richardson, Lacy. If I would have had to make a bet on the best NFL career of those guys, It would have been a losing proposition.

Same can be said about Hurts/Tua. I am so happy and stoked for Jalen.

One thing I really hate is how so many are spinning this to talk about Lamar Jackson. Hurts has 2 consecutive years of passing for more yards than the one year everyone points to for Jackson. Sure Jackson ran for more yards that year and had more overall TD but he has dropped significantly in every stat every year since then. You can't argue he deserves to be paid like he just won the MVP trophy last year when it was 4 seasons ago now. And you can't argue that he deserves so much more when he reportedly already turned down an offer not to dissimilar from Hurts. Lamar was offered guarantees of $133 million at singing, $175 million total if he got hurt, $200 million total if he was on roster on the 5th day of 2026 league year with a total value of $250 million. Hurts got $255 million with a $110 million signing bonus and $179.3 million total guaranteed.

One thing I really hate is how so many are spinning this to talk about Lamar Jackson. Hurts has 2 consecutive years of passing for more yards than the one year everyone points to for Jackson. Sure Jackson ran for more yards that year and had more overall TD but he has dropped significantly in every stat every year since then. You can't argue he deserves to be paid like he just won the MVP trophy last year when it was 4 seasons ago now. And you can't argue that he deserves so much more when he reportedly already turned down an offer not to dissimilar from Hurts. Lamar was offered guarantees of $133 million at singing, $175 million total if he got hurt, $200 million total if he was on roster on the 5th day of 2026 league year with a total value of $250 million. Hurts got $255 million with a $110 million signing bonus and $179.3 million total guaranteed.

I don't want to knock Lamar Jackson, but he's never done anything that has ever made me stop and say 'wow'. What's the furthest he's ever gotten his team in the Playoffs? He's a solid ball player, but isn't a guy that is raising the level of his team. Hurts has shown he can get to a Super Bowl, and has the ability to win one. Hurts has shown he can grow and will his team to victory. Hurts has also shown he can win a team over and produce when everyone in the media and fans alike said he's not good. Jackson cannot say the same. In my opinion Jackson is killing his legacy by the way he's handling this entire contract situation.

Back
Top Bottom