| GAME THREAD đźŹ† Conference Championship Saturday 🏆

They score a lot and score pretty quick. And also have one of the top scoring defenses in the league. Something we say can’t be done in these new spread offense days. I think OSU - LSU would be a darn good game.
I don't know how you're coming to that conclusion because they haven't scored a lot this season.

In eight of their 12 regular season games they scored 30 or less.
In half of those eight, 21 or less.
Half of their season total came against Non-con competition and a third of that against FCS.

UGA has a defense a lot like what we saw at Bama five plus years ago. UGA has an offense a lot like we saw at Bama (and the Tide was scoring about a touchdown more per game in those seasons.)

UGA ran right at the same number of plays this season as Bama and scored right at 200 fewer points. Simple math, and definitely using round numbers, we're looking at teams like Bama and LSU scoring two and a half touchdowns more per game than UGA this season.

If you look at the points they've scored it matches with the average number of points allowed. To me, that leaves us with average.

Good points Terry, and I agree. UGA hasn’t kept up with the times on offense. But the comment I made was replying to a post about Ohio State. They scored 28 once and in the 30’s three times. Other nine games scored between 42 and 73. Scoring defense = 12.5 per game.

Interesting, the only non-offensive points OSO gave up this season.... a safety at the hands of Miami Ohio.

@It Takes Eleven it's actually been a decent football day; from a distance. Entertaining stories I've seen update on that led to me watch a few minutes here and there.

Watched a few other things...planted trees...but, not a bad football day.

I checked scores and looked at the highlights/stats of LSU/GA. GA loses by 27 to the #1/2 team and drops another to an 8-loss team. Surely they'll be ranked behind us, right? LSU looks to have slowed the game down in the second half or it would have been worse. I'm not a betting man, but that 7 point spread was easy money.

I ended up only burning a small portion of my leaves. An oak blew down in my front yard - far away from my house and completely on my property, thankfully - and I spent more of the day on that. Larger fire, for sure. You know, I sharpened a chainsaw for the second time in my life yesterday. It was always something - one of many things - my Dad was really good at and he always jumped at the chance to sharpen it for me.

Is this a buckeye?
redneck_deer_butt_doorbell.jpg

Back
Top Bottom