| FOOD Choose your road trip snack…

Years ago, I stopped at a gas station outside Opelika, on my way to Columbus, GA down 280 one evening. Grabbed one of those 6 pack of mini donuts and a drink for the drive. Went with the coconut donuts...
OT: Krispy Kreme has a bag of powdered, mini-crullers I picked up the other day...cookie aisle at Publix.

I'm so damn fickle when it comes to cake's, donuts, and the like you'll find on road trips. Some I can't imagine eating, much less smelling, while others I'd buy by the case if the notion struck.

This has me reminiscing of the years my breakfast consisted of a pack of frosted cinnamon rolls and a Dew...

Years ago, I stopped at a gas station outside Opelika, on my way to Columbus, GA down 280 one evening. Grabbed one of those 6 pack of mini donuts and a drink for the drive. Went with the coconut donuts. Got down the road a few miles, and about 4 donuts in, before realizing the staggering amount of green mold between the donuts... I was unwell. Moral of the story, always get the chocolate ones from the gas stations.

I just can't do it. With food, without food, on a boat, in a moat... I have zero taste for it.
But you'll eat mold???!!! ;) ;)

Last edited:
BBQ Pork Rinds, Spicy peanuts, MoonPie, and an RC Cola... I win!!!

I used to love Moon Pies... but after living in Mobile, we'd end up with a 100 of them every Feb/March during Mardi Gras season (I don't think they throw a fraction of the amount of pies they used to back then). My mom would put one in my school lunch every day for the rest of the school year... after a couple years, I just couldn't eat them anymore. To this day, I have to force myself to eat one. Kinda sad.

...and a RC Cola.

I can't remember the last time I had one. Just looked at their website....

****** WANTED ******
royal-crown-cola@2x.png

Not trying to HJ this here. But Sam's cola is made at the RC Bottling Company.
I'll hijack it again returning to the subject, a bit. RC's story is a good one...read about it years ago.

Originally called Royal Crown. How'd that work today? "I'd like a Crown and Crown?" Is a Crown³ a double?

It was the first company to nationally distribute cans and a few years later they introduced the 16 oz bottle...started the all aluminum can as well.

Diet Rite was the original diet drink ... a product they started while they were marketing a premium cola with pure cane sugar.

Back
Top Bottom