| FTBL Chip Kelly (HC) leaving UCLA to become an OC at Ohio State

Coach BOB is the new head coach at Boston College, Kelly goes to OC at osu(e) and does not have to deal with NIL, transfers and the daily grind of being the head honcho.
Recruiting. Day is setting up his staff a lot like what we're seeing in Tuscaloosa. Just because you are an on the field coach doesn't mean you also have recruiting responsibilities. His sole responsibility is to call plays.

Here's what's tricky. His offensive scheme hasn't worked since he left Oregon. It's a lot like Jimbo: stubbornly refusing to adapt.

Here's what's sticky. Even though I see his offense as outdated, it's still more progressive than the majority of the offenses in the B1G.

Recruiting. Day is setting up his staff a lot like what we're seeing in Tuscaloosa. Just because you are an on the field coach doesn't mean you also have recruiting responsibilities. His sole responsibility is to call plays.

Here's what's tricky. His offensive scheme hasn't worked since he left Oregon. It's a lot like Jimbo: stubbornly refusing to adapt.

Here's what's sticky. Even though I see his offense as outdated, it's still more progressive than the majority of the offenses in the B1G.

Does he have the quarterback to run it at Ohio State? Two pro style guys there from what my limited knowledge recalls.

Does he have the quarterback to run it at Ohio State? Two pro style guys there from what my limited knowledge recalls.
Did you see the thread about On3's win totals for 2024? I'm not paying attention to that just like I'm not paying a lot of attention to rosters around college football: yet.

Kelly's lack of organizational skills shocked me. He mentioned in his interview that he would be sitting in game planning meetings with the offense, the phone would ring, so he'd have to get up and leave the meeting (several times, sometimes.)

How the hell does that happen?

"Coach, your wife has been in an accident." Okay, that would make sense.

But, "Coach, we need to talk about ..." when he's in a meeting?

Back
Top Bottom