| FTBL CFP Playoff Selection Show and Bowl Matchups...BAMA is in at #4.

I am gonna be honest here, I feel nothing for FSU, Georgia, Ohio State nor their coach's gripes. Next year they have 11 spots they can fill to be in the playoffs. I tried to have some feelings for FSU but it went away quick.

Pretty much any sympathy I had evaporated with the ridiculous statements they released today, sounding like some mom pissed at the county school system that her fat little girl with a lazy eye and a club foot wasn't selected to be on the varsity cheerleader team.

Pretty much any sympathy I had evaporated with the ridiculous statements they released today, sounding like some mom pissed at the county school system that her fat little girl with a lazy eye and a club foot wasn't selected to be on the varsity cheerleader team.
FSU Pissed me off because I was lured in to watching that shitshow of a football game against Louisville patty-cakes. Still pissed I watched that game.

Amazing thing is, it was still better than the alternative of having to watch shitty Iowa.
Iowa played Michigan tough for the first qtr but just didn’t have the talent to stay in the game. I’m more pissed with the 2 point underdog but they have a 97% chance of beating us. Michigan struggled with 3 or 4 nobody’s they played. BUT, it will be a test for us. McCarthy Is a decent qb, Corum is a good back. Both lines are real good and we have to bring our A game.

Iowa played Michigan tough for the first qtr but just didn’t have the talent to stay in the game. I’m more pissed with the 2 point underdog but they have a 97% chance of beating us. Michigan struggled with 3 or 4 nobody’s they played. BUT, it will be a test for us. McCarthy Is a decent qb, Corum is a good back. Both lines are real good and we have to bring our A game.

FWIW, the 97% thing is a joke... I'm just making fun of them for having FSU with a 97% chance to be in the playoffs after the games ended last night.

I've seen a shit ton of people on Twitter talking about how this will, all be fixed next season... I got some news for them... we can expand it out to 32 teams, and there will still be bitching and crying about some teams that get in, and some that get left out... especially when the SEC teams keep eating up the spots and winning the hardware. Just look at all the angst over the bubble teams left out of the basketball tournament every March... it takes a week for that crying to die down... People complained when it was just 2 teams with the BCS, they complain now with 4, the same ones will continue to complain with 12, and so on... It isn't about fairness, that's just the argument they hide behind... it's about not wanting teams like Alabama (or UGA) getting in every year and burning it down again and again and again...
As long as you have outsiders looking in, there will always be bitching to go around. After the 2012 BCS Championship Game, everyone said the 4 team playoff would be the answer to college football's postseason problems. The moment it was instituted, teams 5 and 6 have bitched every year that they didn't get a fair shot.

I guaran-fucking-tee you that teams 13 and 14 will bitch about how the system is rigged and how they deserved a shot in this new postseason format. And since college football is ultimately governed by corporate empty suits, the complaints of these piss-ants will be eventually placated, and the playoff will extend to 16 teams. The cycle will continue until the game is governed by people who actually respect college football and know the importance of setting boundaries and limitations; someone or some people who have the balls to tell companies like Disney that what's best for their company isn't what's best for the sport.

As long as you have outsiders looking in, there will always be bitching to go around. After the 2012 BCS Championship Game, everyone said the 4 team playoff would be the answer to college football's postseason problems. The moment it was instituted, teams 5 and 6 have bitched every year that they didn't get a fair shot.

I guaran-fucking-tee you that teams 13 and 14 will bitch about how the system is rigged and how they deserved a shot in this new postseason format. And since college football is ultimately governed by corporate empty suits, the complaints of these piss-ants will be eventually placated, and the playoff will extend to 16 teams. The cycle will continue until the game is governed by people who actually respect college football and know the importance of setting boundaries and limitations; someone or some people who have the balls to tell companies like Disney that what's best for their company isn't what's best for the sport.

Sooner or later, I still think most of the current Power 5 schools break off and have their own playoff with 2 super conferences... and the rest of the kids can have theirs... but on a much smaller budget.

Back
Top Bottom