| FTBL Can BAMA score atleast 30 on Hawaii?

Can BAMA reach the 30 point barrier against Hawaii?

• BAMA scores more than 30 but gives up 30 as well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If BAMA doesn't score 40+ I'll be surprised

• Newbies on offense will stymie us in our opener. BAMA scores less than 30

• BAMA scores less than 30 but shuts UH's offense down

• Both teams score in the 20's and it's a close game

• Total voters
I

imported_porkchop

I've been seeing a lot of talk on other sites (some of them Hawaii sites) talking about the 30 point barrier. Supposedly 30 points is the magic number when we play Hawaii. People are saying that if we score 30 we should win. If we don't get atleast 30 it could be a long day.

I'm assuming that the 30 points has a lot to do with BAMA controlling the clock and keeping UH's offense off the field. Long time-consuming drives should be the order of the day when we face the Warriors.

It should be interesting because BAMA will come into the game breaking in a new quarterback and possibly some new offensive linemen. Hawaii on the other hand, finished near the bottom in every defensive catagory last season. They may be improved this year but I can't envision them being vastly improved on defense.

So what gives?

porkchop said:
I've been seeing a lot of talk on other sites (some of them Hawaii sites) talking about the 30 point barrier. Supposedly 30 points is the magic number when we play Hawaii. People are saying that if we score 30 we should win. If we don't get atleast 30 it could be a long day.

I'm assuming that the 30 points has a lot to do with BAMA controlling the clock and keeping UH's offense off the field. Long time-consuming drives should be the order of the day when we face the Warriors.

It should be interesting because BAMA will come into the game breaking in a new quarterback and possibly some new offensive linemen. Hawaii on the other hand, finished near the bottom in every defensive catagory last season. They may be improved this year but I can't envision them being vastly improved on defense.

So what gives?

Hopefully, not our D. I'm not to pressed about our offensive output on against this team. Redshirts should score on them so even if we put up 50 on them I wouldn't be too estatic about our O. But we will really know how good our D is when playing them & if our D can do it's job then our O will get back on the field & score some points & kill the clock more w/ Darby putting up some nice #'s (& hopefully the backups too :) ).

I can't remember the last time I went into a game with complete confidence that we would score 30 points. Can any of you, seriously? Especially with a newly re-tooled offense and inexperienced QB.

Just score more than them and get the friggin' win.

reger60 said:
I can't remember the last time I went into a game with complete confidence that we would score 30 points. Can any of you, seriously? Especially with a newly re-tooled offense and inexperienced QB.

Just score more than them and get the friggin' win.

Shula's first game as HC, I forgot who we played but we put up about 40 something.

West Carolina in '04 when Brodie got hurt we were up by 40 at half time.

Back
Top Bottom