| FTBL BOWL WEEK: Saturday, 12/30: Miss State (Won) is one of four games today as the SEC (1-3) gets its first bowl win.

Agree, he clearly should have been tossed, bowl game or not. I'm sure Galloway would disagree as he's said refs shouldn't call certain things andbe more lenient on others in bowl games... idiot.

Was it just me or has Richt gained a pretty good amount of weight since leaving UGA? No Phat Phil but he was looking really big around the waist.

Cant imagine sitting out and letting ur team mates down...
And coaches letting those players travel with team...
Suit up....play some....
Amazing...to ever think that would happen

Not at all. A strong majority of good BUSINESS decisions are made without emotion. If you take the emotion out of this particular scenario, for a first round talent, he'd be a fool to play.

It also means that Michigan would have only beaten one team with a winning record. Purdue went 6-6 in the regular season but did manage to win their game against a 7-6 Arizona team.

There was a reason I said this was undeserved; a joke.

2.png

Richt has the Miami Hurricanes ahead of schedule and this newfound indignation on the sidelines might be what it takes to get this team back to elite status. All anyone has to do is take a quick look at the recruit rankings and it's clear enough they are on the road to success. I think Miami is about to get into the passing lane.

Not at all. A strong majority of good BUSINESS decisions are made without emotion. If you take the emotion out of this particular scenario, for a first round talent, he'd be a fool to play.
Its amazing how many "starters" play in the final NFL preseason games....
Taking a chance on getting injured...thats football...
So, business decisions or not...you play....or dont travel with team...
Look at PennState RB...look how much he played...one of top players in upcoming draft...hats off to him...and }%%}^^ the ones that sat out...

Oh, to live in a world where I could say...

"Boss, I understand you've already compensated me for this last quarter. I realize the opportunity you gave me will allow me to move on to another job. But, this last week? I'm not going to work. OK?"

Maybe not the best analogy, but pretty damn close.

Oh, to live in a world where I could say...

"Boss, I understand you've already compensated me for this last quarter. I realize the opportunity you gave me will allow me to move on to another job. But, this last week? I'm not going to work. OK?"

Maybe not the best analogy, but pretty damn close.

Judging by your post count, I'm pretty sure you live in a world where work is optional... :rolf: I kid I kid.

But y'all are looking at football like it's "The Real World". It's about as real world as the MTV show. Nothing about it makes sense... These coaches make funny money and get to jump ship at the drop of a hat only to make more funny money. The bottom line is coaches and players are usually going to do what's best for themselves when careers are involved.

Fortunately, these kids do live in a world where they can say "I've EARNED the opportunity to be a top prospect and helped make this particular coach and school up to 6 and 7 figures of money, so I'm using my better judgement to sit out a football game where the winner gets a meaningless trophy, that stays in the university lobby, and I don't have to risk losing hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars if I don't need to."

Simple risk vs reward scenario. All business entities do it.

Judging by your post count, I'm pretty sure you live in a world where work is optional...
Ha! What's that balance out to? About seven posts a day? There may be a reason I have a lot of posts. It would be interesting to see how many of those are site related versus conversations. I'd bet there's a few thousand that are on staff forums.

It's nice to have a job where, if I wanted to, I could sit around and post. I choose not to at work...rather get my job done and get out, ya know?

(Reminds me of old days where you'd see people post "here's my 1000th post!" I took many down to zero for the hell of it.)
But y'all are looking at football like it's "The Real World".
That's interesting. Aren't football, college, and things like team activities credited for helping kids mature and prepare them for the real world?

No matter the attempts to justify their actions one thing is true. They were awarded scholarships to play football. They are quitting. Sure, they have their reasons--selfish reasons--but still, their reasons.

I do love the way the word "meaningless" is tossed about. It's not about a damn trophy. It's about your team. But, what the hell, right? Commitment is a meaningless word today.

Probably could judge the difference in approach to this topic...or last few post...by the age of the poster...knowing none personally....i could...probably..fit each in an age bracket...
But...i respect all the age brackets....
i am sure the day will come..when a Tide player decides to sit...
Sad day...for us fans....but what happens when a player decides to sit...for a National Championship
.or semi final game......for him it is...balancing...a meer trophy...vs his million dollar payday... is a championship trophy worth millions...
Probably not to some...

All of this is entertainment. The NFL players protesting doesn't mean anything if you look at what they really contribute to help the world. Really nothing. Entertainment takes many forms and becomes a money making machine because of supply and demand. I can say I don't watch the NFL because of their protesting the flag, but I don't watch them because it is not entertaining to me. The most money wins. College football does have the money in the right places but the kids are there to achieve their dream and I respect that. If we find something more entertaining then we will go for it. Mankind has always tried to conquer something and being the best football team is all about the journey to success. Alabama is a winner in college football and the tradition of success will just rinse and repeat. If you live here it is very entertaining.

None of this is really important vs our faith, our health, and the pursuit of happiness. For some, this life has terrible sorrows and strife, and I pray every day for them, but if you are an Alabama fan and are fortunate enough to be here in this place at this time, it just doesn't get any better.

Go for it. How old am I?

I am guessing you are 45

Ha! What's that balance out to? About seven posts a day? There may be a reason I have a lot of posts. It would be interesting to see how many of those are site related versus conversations. I'd bet there's a few thousand that are on staff forums.

It's nice to have a job where, if I wanted to, I could sit around and post. I choose not to at work...rather get my job done and get out, ya know?

(Reminds me of old days where you'd see people post "here's my 1000th post!" I took many down to zero for the hell of it.)

That's interesting. Aren't football, college, and things like team activities credited for helping kids mature and prepare them for the real world?

No matter the attempts to justify their actions one thing is true. They were awarded scholarships to play football. They are quitting. Sure, they have their reasons--selfish reasons--but still, their reasons.

I do love the way the word "meaningless" is tossed about. It's not about a damn trophy. It's about your team. But, what the hell, right? Commitment is a meaningless word today.

That word is as meaningful as the system has made it. Ya dig?

Same system that will let coaches cut a kid loose 1 day after this meaningful game if he can find a better one... after recruiting him and promising him lord knows how much success for 1-2-3 years.

I doubt Jeremy Pruitt told the kids he recruited at UA he would jump at the opportunity to leave when he got the opportunity make a few more bucks their soph/junior season. It's for his family though!

Lane Kiffin was ceremoniously "let go" going into the title game... Doubt Nick Saban asked Bo Scarbrough about his feelings on the situation. So much for Nick Saban's commitment to "The Process" with the guys he went into battle with all year. lol

I completely agree with you the regard that I would play the game... Would advise my son to the play the game... But I'm not in these kids' situation. Eddie McCaffrey seemed to see it differently. Don't know how high the risk is for them personally though. I certainly don't blame any of them for putting themselves before the university in this scenario.

Back
Top Bottom