| FTBL Bowl Games Date & Times and discussions thread...

XXL TideFan

Tried posting the actual schedule but it was too long, forum wouldn't let me. I haven't watched any bowls games yet due to lack of interest. They are just starting to get interesting to me

http://espn.go.com/college-football/overview/_/week/17

BowlLocation/TicketsDate/TimeNetwork
Gildan New Mexico
Arizona 49, Nevada 48
Albuquerque, N.M.
University Stadium
Dec. 15
1 p.m.
ESPN/ESPN3
Famous Idaho Potato
Utah State 41, Toledo 15
Boise, Idaho
Bronco Stadium
Dec. 15
4:30 p.m.
ESPN
S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia
BYU 23, San Diego State 6
San Diego
Qualcomm Stadium
Dec. 20
8 p.m.
ESPN
Beef 'O' Brady's St. Petersburg
UCF 38, Ball State 17
St. Petersburg, Fla.
Tropicana Field
Dec. 21
7:30 p.m.
ESPN
R+L Carriers New Orleans
Louisiana-Lafayette 43, East Carolina 34
New Orleans
Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Dec. 22
Noon
ESPN
MAACO Las Vegas
Boise State 28, Washington 26
Las Vegas
Sam Boyd Stadium
Dec. 22
3:30 p.m.
ESPN
Sheraton Hawaii
SMU 43, Fresno State 10
Honolulu
Aloha Stadium
Dec. 24
8 p.m.
ESPN
Little Caesars Pizza
Central Michigan 24, Western Kentucky 21
Detroit
Ford Field
Dec. 26
ESPN
Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman
San Jose State 29, Bowling Green 20
Washington, D.C.
RFK Stadium
Dec. 27
3 p.m.
ESPN
Belk
Cincinnati 48, Duke 34
Charlotte, N.C.
Bank of America Stadium
Dec. 27
6:30 p.m.
ESPN
Bridgepoint Education Holiday
Baylor 49, UCLA 26
San Diego
Qualcomm Stadium
Dec. 27
9:45 p.m.
ESPN
AdvoCare V100 Independence
Ohio 45, Louisiana-Monroe 14
Shreveport, La.
Independence Stadium
Dec. 28
2 p.m.
ESPN
Russell Athletic
Virginia Tech 13, Rutgers 10 (OT)
Orlando, Fla.
Florida Citrus Bowl
Dec. 28
5:30 p.m.
ESPN
Meineke Car Care of Texas
Texas Tech 34, Minnesota 31
Houston
Reliant Stadium
Dec. 28
9 p.m.
ESPN
Bell Helicopter Armed Forces
Rice vs. Air Force
Fort Worth
Amon G. Carter Stadium
Dec. 29
11:45 a.m.
ESPN
New Era Pinstripe
West Virginia vs. Syracuse
Bronx, N.Y.
Yankee Stadium
Dec. 29
3:15 p.m.
ESPN
Kraft Fight Hunger
Navy vs. Arizona State
San Francisco
AT&T Park
Dec. 29
4 p.m.
ESPN2
Valero Alamo
Texas vs. Oregon State
San Antonio
Alamodome
Dec. 29
6:45 p.m.
ESPN
Buffalo Wild Wings
TCU vs. Michigan State
Tempe, Ariz.
Sun Devil Stadium
Dec. 29
10:15 p.m.
ESPN
Franklin American Mortgage Music City
NC State vs. Vanderbilt
Nashville, Tenn.
LP Field
Dec. 31
Noon
ESPN
Hyundai Sun
USC vs. Georgia Tech
El Paso, Texas
Sun Bowl
Dec. 31
2 p.m.
CBS
AutoZone Liberty
Iowa State vs. Tulsa
Memphis, Tenn.
Liberty Bowl
Dec. 31
3:30 p.m.
ESPN
Chick-fil-A
LSU vs. Clemson
Atlanta
Georgia Dome
Dec. 31
ESPN
TaxSlayer.com Gator
Mississippi State vs. Northwestern
Jacksonville, Fla.
Everbank Field
Jan. 1
Noon
ESPN2
Heart of Dallas
Purdue vs. Oklahoma State
Dallas
Cotton Bowl
Jan. 1
Noon
ESPNU
Outback
South Carolina vs. Michigan
Tampa, Fla.
Raymond James Stadium
Jan. 1
1 p.m.
ESPN
Capital One
Georgia vs. Nebraska
Orlando, Fla.
Florida Citrus Bowl
Jan. 1
1 p.m.
ABC
Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio
Wisconsin vs. Stanford
Pasadena, Calif.
Rose Bowl
Jan. 1
5 p.m.
ESPN
Discover Orange
Northern Illinois vs. Florida State
Miami
Sun Life Stadium
Jan. 1
8:30 p.m.
ESPN
Allstate Sugar
Louisville vs. Florida
New Orleans
Louisiana Superdome
Jan. 2
ESPN
Tostitos Fiesta
Oregon vs. Kansas State
Glendale, Ariz.
U. of Phoenix Stadium
Jan. 3
ESPN
AT&T Cotton
Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma
Arlington, Texas
Cowboys Stadium
Jan. 4
8 p.m.
FOX
BBVA Compass
Pittsburgh vs. Ole Miss
Birmingham, Ala.
Legion Field
Jan. 5
1 p.m.
ESPN
GoDaddy.com
Kent State vs. Arkansas State
Mobile, Ala.
Ladd-Peebles Stadium
Jan. 6
9 p.m.
ESPN
Discover BCS National Championship
Notre Dame vs. Alabama
Miami
Sun Life Stadium
Jan. 7

<thead>
</thead> <tbody>
</tbody>

You picked the wrong schedule to try and copy and paste. Avoid the graphics...those are read as characters and are read as a lot of space.

AZ vs Nevada was a good game. I enjoyed the Boise State game, BYU fourth quarter was a good one (which I missed after watching first three,) WKU was interesting, Va Tech game was just weird.

The Rice / Air Force game isn't overly exciting now...just two teams playing "let's change possession."

Here's my thought.

Enjoy every game you can now. We're 10 days away from NO college football for months.

Today? I wonder how sloppy WVU game will be.

Oregon State vs Texas should be interesting.

TCU vs Michigan State should be the best game of the day I suspect—defensive slug-fest, I hope.

Bowl Games Date &amp; Times and discussions thread...

I was at the gym watching the Rice-Air Force game. Pretty dull but some nice runs by Air Force. Just happy to have football!

Looking forward to seeing WVU throw all over the place in a high scoring game with the Orange. WVU is another team that had loads of hype and came crashing down .. Looking forward to Texas-Oregon State but I agree that the MSU-TCU game will be the most entertaining. TCU started to shape up more near the end of the season.

The Rice/Air Force game is such a snoozer that I let the wife have the tv to watch super nanny while I surf the net. I can't watch bad football and a lot of games just have zero interest for me.

The Rice/Air Force game is such a snoozer that I let the wife have the tv to watch super nanny while I surf the net. I can't watch bad football and a lot of games just have zero interest for me.

On the bright side, when I hear Beth Mowins I immediately remember softball is 41 days away... :icon_thumright:

I'd be changing sets if I was attending this WVU v 'Cuse game...just sayin'

A_TztEXCEAApyDt.jpg:large

Next game up Vandy will kick off the SEC's bowl season against NC State in the Music City Bowl. Nashville has had some snow the last few days, and the Titans have a game on that field this afternoon, so by the time this bowl starts I would imagine that field is going to be in pretty bad shape.

BTW, side note that's not being talked about, but is a big deal for Vandy...they're currently building an indoor practice facility. Somehow James Franklin has talked them in to spending money on athletics all of the sudden.

LSU plays Clemson tomorrow night. If LSU shows up, and plays smart they should win fairly easily. But that might be a problem, being that LSU has been notorious under Miles for playing up/down to their competition. This is the first of the bowls that I'm actually really looking forward to watching.

Next game up Vandy will kick off the SEC's bowl season against NC State in the Music City Bowl. Nashville has had some snow the last few days, and the Titans have a game on that field this afternoon, so by the time this bowl starts I would imagine that field is going to be in pretty bad shape.

BTW, side note that's not being talked about, but is a big deal for Vandy...they're currently building an indoor practice facility. Somehow James Franklin has talked them in to spending money on athletics all of the sudden.

LSU plays Clemson tomorrow night. If LSU shows up, and plays smart they should win fairly easily. But that might be a problem, being that LSU has been notorious under Miles for playing up/down to their competition. This is the first of the bowls that I'm actually really looking forward to watching.

It's a strange year for them.

A few weeks ago one of their beat writers put out an article about how the football team was getting disrespected because they ended up in the Chick-Fil-A bowl instead of one of the better bowl games for SEC teams. That's still on the minds of a lot of LSU fans. I had one tell me last night he was considering going night fishing instead of watching the game and that's a statement coming from him. Huge statement.

It's being reflected in ticket sales as well. LSU has always been one of the better fan bases for buying bowl tickets. The tickets for their game against A&M two years ago in the Cotton set records for selling out as quickly as they did. Yet, as of this weekend, they've only sold around 10,500 of their 18,000 school allotment.

If their fan base is this apathetic towards this game, I can't help but wonder what the mind set of the team has been lately. Once again, there's a picture of Tommy Moffit's office window listing guys who haven't been putting in the work the last few weeks.

FWIW, it is worth noting that Clemson hasn't done any better selling their allotment as well. There is a drop in ticket sales for bowl games this season that has to be taken into account with both teams.

It's just another flaw in the BCS system that is currently in place, but LSU deserves to be in a BCS Bowl or at least the Cotton Bowl. I don't blame them for being disappointed or let down.

I knew ticket sales had been down for much of the bowl season, with the BCSNC game being one of the few exceptions, but that's pretty piss poor of Clemson's fanbase if they're having trouble selling tickets. Clemson's campus is about an hour and a half from the Georgia Dome, and let's face it, for Clemson being in the Chick-fil-a Bowl facing a team like LSU should be pretty exciting.

It's just another flaw in the BCS system that is currently in place, but LSU deserves to be in a BCS Bowl or at least the Cotton Bowl. I don't blame them for being disappointed or let down.

I knew ticket sales had been down for much of the bowl season, with the BCSNC game being one of the few exceptions, but that's pretty piss poor of Clemson's fanbase if they're having trouble selling tickets. Clemson's campus is about an hour and a half from the Georgia Dome, and let's face it, for Clemson being in the Chick-fil-a Bowl facing a team like LSU should be pretty exciting.

LSU deserves to be in a BCS bowl? Over whom? Florida?

Here's the rub on the Cotton Bowl and I'm going back in time a bit to paint this picture.

In 2005 when we finished the season 10-2 with losses to Auburn and LSU Coach Moore starting pitching the Cotton Bowl officials to invite Alabama to play. At that point, LSU officials hadn't paid much attention to the Cotton Bowl. After all, with the head to head win over Alabama and Auburn they were slated to be in ATL for the SECCG.

What they didn't take into account was the possibility they would lose to Georgia in the SECCG. Which, they did. Considering Georgia comes out as the SEC Champion with a 10-2 record they weren't headed to the BCSNC game and took the remaining slot for BCS invitations with the Sugar.

Remember, back in 2005 there wasn't a "championship game," but one of the four bowls had that game.

With the loss LSU tried to get back into the Cotton Bowl discussions. In fact, they even had the SEC offices contact the Cotton Bowl officials trying to get them a last look. It was too little, too late. The invitation was already out for Bama.

Because of the way these upper tier bowl games work they are set up by invitation, not by standings. The only requirement the Cap One has in their agreement with the SEC is they select a team that is within one game of the SEC runner-up (based on one team being in the BCS. IF we have two, the next team in line) So, UGA's invitation to the Cap One is well within the parameters set up.

It was a decision made by the Cotton Bowl officials to invite the team of their choosing. A two loss LSU team or a two loss A&M team. Considering how quickly A&M sells ticket allotments—and there are still some available for the Cotton, OU isn't selling the number you'd think they would—A&M was a logical, and smart choice.

You can't fault the BCS for not inviting LSU when there are two teams that deserve it more. You can't fault the Cotton Bowl for choosing A&M over LSU because they thought it was a better business decision.

You can say LSU had their chance to make a good enough sales pitch to the Cotton Bowl officials to get an invite over A&M. But still, that was an uphill battle from the start considering they are both two loss teams.

Consider this. LSU could have been invited to the Outback. But, that would have put UofSC vs Clemson in ATL. Do you think the SEC offices (which do have input on the CFA game, wanted that?)

Now, there is one issue. The SEC offices did have contact with the Cap One bowl officials in effort to get them to chose UGA this year. Should a two loss UGA team get the Cap One over a two loss LSU team? There's the rub if you ask me...and I tend to think that UGA deserved that invitation.

LSU should have received in the invitation to the Cap One in 2005. However, Auburn beat them to the punch and had agreements set up with the Cap One before LSU lost the SECCG.

History tells me LSU screwed the pooch in 2012 just like they did in 2005. Invitations for SEC schools to the top three bowls are determined by committees of those bowls. It's up to the school to convince those committees they are the best choice.

Not sure if I worded my statement weird or what, but the fact that the SEC can only put 2 teams in BCS Bowls has kind of screwed us a little bit. I mean, you can't tell me that Northern Illinois, Wisconsin and Louisville a better or more deserving (leaving their conference affiliation out of the equation) than LSU, Texas A&M or Georgia.

I understand why LSU's slotted to play where they are...I just think they're a better team than what their bowl status shows, and that the system is flawed.

I'll have to admit. I'm proud of Vandy today.

I didn't realize it until it was mentioned an hour or so ago but this win will make the first time Vandy has had a 9 win season in their history.

@Andy_Staples: Gary manages to praise an SEC team in an ACC-Pac-12 game. DRINK. Then Verne manages to mispronounce the USC punter’s n ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Gary manages to praise an SEC team in an ACC-Pac-12 game. DRINK. Then Verne manages to mispronounce the USC punter’s name. FINISH YOUR DRINK</p>&mdash; Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) <a href="https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/status/285835297974013952" data-datetime="2012-12-31T19:50:20+00:00">December 31, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:laughcry:

<a class="screen-name u-url" href="https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples" data-screen-name="Andy_Staples">
b018ab6191dc53978fa48cf74ad77a33_normal.jpeg
Andy Staples
  • <abbr title="Verified Account">✔</abbr>
@Andy_Staples <iframe class="twt-follow-button" allowtransparency="true" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.html#align=right&button=grey&screen_name=Andy_Staples&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Gary manages to praise an SEC team in an ACC-Pac-12 game. DRINK. Then Verne manages to mispronounce the USC punter’s name. FINISH YOUR DRINK

31 Dec 12

<script src="https://platform.twitter.com/js/vendor/twt/dist/twt.min.js" async="" type="text/javascript" id="LR1"></script><script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

e.gif

Back
Top Bottom