| FTBL Best All-Time Bama Games

I'd go with these games ;

79 Sugar Bowl
80 Sugar Bowl
85 Iron Bowl
86 Notre Dame game in Bham
89 Tenn game in Bham ( Siran Stacey 200+ all purpose yards)
92 SEC championship game
93 Sugar Bowl
94 Ga game ( Barker vs Zeier)
96 Aub game (Stallings last Iron Bowl)
97 Outback Bowl vs Michigan (Stallings last game)
99 Florida game
99 Aub game (first win at the Barn)
05 FL game before Prothro got hurt

alagator said:
LBS said:
~'72 season opener vs. USC, Wishbone unveiled
You almost have to also include the previous year's game against USC in B'Ham with Sam 'the Bam" Cunningham - a loss - to get the full historical impact.

The Wishbone was unveiled in 1971 and not 1972.

~'79 Sugar Bowl vs. Penn State - GOAL LINE STAND game
Again, this is the last NC under Bryant, so this is seeing "the King of College Football" do his thing.

Coach Bryant's last national title came in the 1980 Sugar Bowl - following the 1979 season, against Arkansas with a 24-9 victory over a Lou Holtz coached Razorback team.

Did I say '72, and Penn State? I meant '71, and Arkansas. :lol:

I still want to suggest the Penn State/Goal-line Stand game and the unveiling of the Wishbone. Although I almost want to offer the Sam "the Bam" Cunningham game the year before, even though it was a loss, because of the back story that truly showed Bryant as being so much more then just "an Ol' Ball Coach".

Whenever you are countering some Bozo who says that we put too much emphasis on him as just a really-good coach, I tell that story and ask them to name a coach better suited to bump Coach Bryant off that pedestal? I have yet to get an answer. Then I add "Oh yea, and he was a pretty good coach as well". :D

mhl6493 said:
I'm a relatively new Bama fan, and I need some input from you folks who have been in the trenches with the Tide for years. I'm thinking of ordering some game DVD's, and I was wondering, if you had to pick the top 5 games that I absoutely need to get, what would they be? I realize that's incredibly subjective and that opinions vary, but I really do value your input as I try to get a better grasp on the history of Alabama football.

I posted a similar thread in the DVD forum, but it doesn't seem to get much action there. I thought maybe this would be a better venue. If I posted in the wrong place, please delete and accept my apologies.

Thanks in advance!
You can find all kinds of games on youtube.com as well. If your just wanting to learn about the Tide and the history behind it. I saw a series of films on the 61 Bama season the other day. The info is out there just take your pick.

Back
Top Bottom