| RECRUIT Bama's 2024 recruiting class shaping up to be another great class.

Really liking how this class is shaping up as it stands right now. Hoping for a few flips, especially Demarcus Riddick.... he's the one I want to see end up in this class the most, hes a fantastic linebacker. Watching his film only reaffirms that to me. Also, because fuck Georgia. I don't ever want to see a linebacker from our state, and of his caliber, go to Georgia. Also hoping we land a few more guys up front, getting Beaman was big.... but it's not looking to great for us in hopes of landing another DL. Hoping to flip Woodyard, or land Bolden. But it's gonna be extremely tough to either as it stands now. Offensive class is stacked so far, and should only be getting better. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Some of you may already know this, but I forgot to mention it. Riddick took his OV this weekend, I'm really liking our chances of getting him to flip and commit to Alabama. I believe he's mentioned that he's making his final decision in July, so getting his last OV(I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) before he makes his decision is big.

Some of you may already know this, but I forgot to mention it. Riddick took his OV this weekend, I'm really liking our chances of getting him to flip and commit to Alabama. I believe he's mentioned that he's making his final decision in July, so getting his last OV(I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) before he makes his decision is big.

Colin Simmons and KJ Bolden on visits too. Long shots, but could transition to that great defensive class you're requesting.

I hope he gets some Julio jones or AJ Brown or Micheal Irving types.. fast ones are great.. but I want to see some big physical brawler types again..receivers

Really liking how this class is shaping up as it stands right now. Hoping for a few flips, especially Demarcus Riddick.... he's the one I want to see end up in this class the most, hes a fantastic linebacker. Watching his film only reaffirms that to me. Also, because fuck Georgia. I don't ever want to see a linebacker from our state, and of his caliber, go to Georgia. Also hoping we land a few more guys up front, getting Beaman was big.... but it's not looking to great for us in hopes of landing another DL. Hoping to flip Woodyard, or land Bolden. But it's gonna be extremely tough to either as it stands now. Offensive class is stacked so far, and should only be getting better. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
Given our LB play the last couple of years, can't blame him for initially committing to UGA.

Yeah, can't argue with that. We have not played up to the standard at the position for years. Hopefully Steele, and Bala gets it where it's supposed to be.

Steele is a better teacher, which IMO will trickle down not just to the players, but to his defensive staff... I'm sure some of that comes from his extensive years of experience, but he's also a guy that expresses things in a way that players just understand better. That has already, and will continue to, be beneficial. Another big step that has been taken, and one we talked about that needed to happen regardless of who the coordinator was this season, is the simplification of the calls. Basically, the same defense, coverages, etc... but less confusing for the guys, less margin of error, etc. Should help the most against the HUNH and go-fast teams...

Maybe not in that term..explain
The terms are actually in phase and out of phase. They have to do with the DB’s positions relative to the receivers they’re covering. There are great explanations available if you Google DB’s in phase. Though you won’t find an easy answer as to why Bama’s DB’s can’t seem to find the ball in flight. To me it seems Saban has determined it’s better to dramatically reduce the number of home runs versus reducing the number of completions … including 50/50 balls. There’s no other explanation that fits as he’s hands on with the DB’s. Smart uses the same types of coverages against the same types of formations … and his DB’s look for the ball in phase and out of phase. It appears to me he desires PBU’s and interceptions more than he’s concerned with home runs. Of course, this is just my opinion.

The terms are actually in phase and out of phase. They have to do with the DB’s positions relative to the receivers they’re covering. There are great explanations available if you Google DB’s in phase. Though you won’t find an easy answer as to why Bama’s DB’s can’t seem to find the ball in flight. To me it seems Saban has determined it’s better to dramatically reduce the number of home runs versus reducing the number of completions … including 50/50 balls. There’s no other explanation that fits as he’s hands on with the DB’s. Smart uses the same types of coverages against the same types of formations … and his DB’s look for the ball in phase and out of phase. It appears to me he desires PBU’s and interceptions more than he’s concerned with home runs. Of course, this is just my opinion.
I heard a coach speaking about High Freeze teaching recievers to pump their hands violently over and over to freak out dbs into reacting too soon..

No, Smart just creates schemes to get pressure on quarterbacks where we have struggled. Georgia's defensive backs have never been good. Keelee Ringo was trash and only a name because of the Pick 6 in the Natty against Bryce, which was a throw it up for grabs type throw. He was a five star out of high school simply due to speed, but never did anything of note at Georgia until that play. Other than him you've run of the mill guys that can run with receivers and their front seven took care of business. Georgia's safeties have been decent and roam the secondary very effectively. We regressed at Safety last year with Battle and Branch popped in a good way. In the end, I think it's more to the blitz package than it is to how they are coaching their defensive backs. A second makes a difference when it comes to the secondary, so if you're taking that away from a quarterback you will see more success as a defense.

Back
Top Bottom