| RECRUIT đźŹ€ A snippet from 247Sports on Bama's recruiting class.

TerryP

Staff
After a long spring and summer of traveling around the country to take in the top prospects playing in events from coast to coast, event season is over and we have hit official visit and commitment season.

Over the last week, we've seen several high-level prospects come off the board and more are likely to be switching from uncommitted to committed in the near future. Not surprisingly, I've been getting a lot of questions about who is leaning where and who is next for programs that are already starting to clean up.

In this week's edition of my #AskEBoss mailbag where I take questions from my Twitter followers, I had several questions about what Nate Oats and Alabama have up their sleeves. Fast rising Cam Whitmore was a hot topic and I also had questions on Indiana, Kansas and much more.

For better or worse, here's what I've gathered on a wide variety of topics.

HOW ARE THINGS LOOKING FOR BAMA?​

I actually had multiple questions about Alabama recruiting or at least related to Nate Oats and the Crimson Tide. So, I'll kind of wrap them all up together.

For starters, I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on a Crystal Ball pick for any of these three big-time prospects, but I do think that Alabama is either the leader for, or at least right near the very top, for all of Jaden Bradley, Nick Smith and Jarace Walker. That gives you a steady point guard in size with Bradley, an explosive combo guard in Smith and a new age forward that is a big time athlete capable of playing all over the floor in Walker. None of these guys are totally done just yet and the competition is stiff, but like I said, I like where they sit at this point.

So who else could the be in the mix for? Four-star Rodney Rice is certainly one that they are in the mix for. I am just not personally sure how hard they will push until they get a decision from Smith. Virginia Tech is another I'd keep a close eye on with him. South Carolina combo forward Julian Phillips will be in the discussion for five-star status when we update the rankings for the class of 2022 and he included Alabama in his top 10. I think they've been making good headway with him and will get him on campus and once that happens, they'll have a legit shot. A couple of other names that I'd keep an eye on moving forward include four-star two guard Rylan Griffen from Texas and Ven-Allen Lubin a rugged forward who is currently outside of the top 150 but made a pretty strong argument to be included the next set of rankings based on his summer play. Another who is currently ranked outside of the top 150 who stands to enter the rankings is Florida forward Brice Sensabaugh and he's planning to visit in September so he'll be another to monitor closely.

The other guy many Bama fans want to know about is Brandon Miller. The skilled 6-foot-8 forward from Nashville has long been a target and I do think that Bama is in very good shape here. Here's the rub, though. I'm not so sure that Miller wants to play college basketball. There has been significant buzz that Miller will ultimately pursue the pro route and I've heard enough that I logged a Crystal Ball pick (with mild confidence) in favor of him choosing the pro route. If he does go to college, I like the Tide's chances.

Back
Top Bottom