| BSB/SB šŸ„ŽBama Softball to host Regional as 14th overall seed... [Thread updated with transfer commitment]

Honest question, would you send your daughter to play at Alabama right now with what you are seeing, and then being hands off so they can do it their way? It's a tough question to gauge since softball doesn't really develop into a career like baseball, basketball, golf and football, but do you think your daughter would go there and get what she needs to earn playing time and develop? Obviously the free education part is what I'm referring to compared to the professional opportunities, so of course for the education you'd send her, but this is just a question about softball development. I'm curious more than anything since you are into this way more than I am and most likely ever will be.
I would in a heartbeat. The culture and atmosphere are great within the program and the long term opportunities that come from playing softball at Alabama would be life altering in an extremely positive way.

Having said all that, we have the absolute best trainers in the country that we work with currently and if things didn't progress the way we expect then we would have to rely on outside help that we are currently using. Her hitting coach works a lot with Florida, Florida St, UCLA, Texas, and Oklahoma as an outside consultant. I've tried to get him and Bama hooked up but it just hasn't worked out yet. I will keep trying though!

I'm not sure my daughter will be good enough to play at Bama (or anywhere Power 5) but we will shoot for the stars because that's her goal!

Honest question, would you send your daughter to play at Alabama right now with what you are seeing, and then being hands off so they can do it their way? It's a tough question to gauge since softball doesn't really develop into a career like baseball, basketball, golf and football, but do you think your daughter would go there and get what she needs to earn playing time and develop? Obviously the free education part is what I'm referring to compared to the professional opportunities, so of course for the education you'd send her, but this is just a question about softball development. I'm curious more than anything since you are into this way more than I am and most likely ever will be.
There is an assumption here that Bama has fallen off the national radar. That's not true.

And I said I wasn't going to ....

I would in a heartbeat. The culture and atmosphere are great within the program and the long term opportunities that come from playing softball at Alabama would be life altering in an extremely positive way.

Having said all that, we have the absolute best trainers in the country that we work with currently and if things didn't progress the way we expect then we would have to rely on outside help that we are currently using. Her hitting coach works a lot with Florida, Florida St, UCLA, Texas, and Oklahoma as an outside consultant. I've tried to get him and Bama hooked up but it just hasn't worked out yet. I will keep trying though!

I'm not sure my daughter will be good enough to play at Bama (or anywhere Power 5) but we will shoot for the stars because that's her goal!
I said I wasn't going to say anything. I lied.

Pissed me off the way Murph treated the staff at Bama when he took the LSU job. While it colored my opinion, it didn't darken the view. The program is still at the same level, in a sense. Regionals, Nationals, the Series.

Decisions. Hire a hitting coach...and a guy walks down the hall. Now, I'm thinking, "what?"

Decisions. Hire a hitting coach...and a guy walks down the hall. Now, I'm thinking, "what?"
I assume you mean hiring Adam was the easy way out? I always have a hard time deciphering your posts (which admittedly I enjoy trying).

Adam never struck me as "fitting" for the team even when he was director of player development before he became the hitting coach. He comes across as arrogant and a know it all which he may well not be that at all. I've only met him a few times so I may be off with that assessment. It could just be I don't like the way he wears his hat.

A big recruiting tool for most of the big teams (Bama included) is the reliance on metrics. Exit velo and overhand velo being the biggest 2 for position players. Adam came in originally to increase those numbers as the director of player development and they recruit mostly on those numbers and less on the players' ability to make the plays. I'm not a big fan of this trend but it is the way most baseball and now softball teams are doing it.

I assume you mean hiring Adam was the easy way out? I always have a hard time deciphering your posts (which admittedly I enjoy trying).

Adam never struck me as "fitting" for the team even when he was director of player development before he became the hitting coach. He comes across as arrogant and a know it all which he may well not be that at all. I've only met him a few times so I may be off with that assessment. It could just be I don't like the way he wears his hat.

A big recruiting tool for most of the big teams (Bama included) is the reliance on metrics. Exit velo and overhand velo being the biggest 2 for position players. Adam came in originally to increase those numbers as the director of player development and they recruit mostly on those numbers and less on the players' ability to make the plays. I'm not a big fan of this trend but it is the way most baseball and now softball teams are doing it.
On that note, my cousin met patty gasso. She broke the mold and recruited ā€œpure athletesā€, when she could (according to her). It has worked for sure!!! All her players can play 3-4 positionsā€¦. She told my cousin, metrics are a measuring stick, but they are secondary to herā€¦.
She recruits pitchers the same as everyone elseā€¦.

It's stream of consciousness...just write what I'm thinking at the minute.

And yes. GB tells him to hire a hitting coach. He walks down the hall and hires and administrative assistant, basically.

This season is not over. I need to shut up.

On that note, my cousin met patty gasso. She broke the mold and recruited ā€œpure athletesā€, when she could (according to her). It has worked for sure!!! All her players can play 3-4 positionsā€¦. She told my cousin, metrics are a measuring stick, but they are secondary to herā€¦.
She recruits pitchers the same as everyone elseā€¦.

That interesting.

You can see athletes in males. I wonder about females though

Whatever PG does is the best formula for sure

It's stream of consciousness...just write what I'm thinking at the minute.

And yes. GB tells him to hire a hitting coach. He walks down the hall and hires and administrative assistant, basically.

This season is not over. I need to shut up.

Like dealing with Shula
Mal tells him changes are needed and he just moved same Assistant coaches around
to different positions

1715782769431.png :p

Like dealing with Shula
Mal tells him changes are needed and he just moved same Assistant coaches around
to different positions
Shula didnā€™t even bother making changes as I recall. Instead he called Coach Perkins for advice and was told ā€œyou do you, whatā€™s Coach Moore gonna do, Fire you?ā€

Back
Top Bottom