| BSB/SB šŸ„ŽBama Softball Offseason: Roster moves and other news...

I know some of these kids have had their camp dues paid...
Yeah we have paid full price for every camp we have ever been to!

Interestingly, the last time we were at the Bama camp in February (maybe late January) I went into the press box to get out of the cold and I just so happened to see the list of campers with the coaches' notes next to each kid's name. That camp was an "elite" camp and the list of players was pretty impressive. I'll be honest I was tempted to take a picture of the list but I resisted the urge. I'll say it once again but Bama is still a sought after place to play for elite players.

Emily is a stud. I know the hitting coach at UNCW really well (she is from Alabama and played at Ole Miss) and she says Emily is the real deal. Glad to have some more depth in the circle.
Glad to have Emily on board. RTR. Many in the past have said the game has passed Murphy and is still doing the same thing from 8-10 years ago. IMO his philosophy of the game now is get as many quality pitchers as possible and try to keep the other team from scoring any runs instead of getting more bats from the transfer portal. Iā€™m not sure that will work out very well.

Glad to have Emily on board. RTR. Many in the past have said the game has passed Murphy and is still doing the same thing from 8-10 years ago. IMO his philosophy of the game now is get as many quality pitchers as possible and try to keep the other team from scoring any runs instead of getting more bats from the transfer portal. Iā€™m not sure that will work out very well.
I'd have to look to be sure. My gut tells me the average runs scored in this past WCWS was lower than the previous year, and the year before that as well.

I don't know what her "tools" are in the circle. I do know like having quality depth in the circle. What "change of pace" does she bring?

Heard a crazy number thrown out to Canady by Oklahoma yesterday. $800K! For what it's worth, she was at Kansas yesterday. They have offered $250K but she is also from Kansas so maybe they are hoping for a hometown discount. I was told her dad was openly shopping her around at the WCWS which turned a lot of coaches off. Just thought y'all would find that interesting.

Wonder if her dad's name is Cecil?

Ole Miss transfer OF Jalia Lassiter (from Atmore) is another name to keep an eye on. She will be a Jr. next season... she led the Rebels with a .314 average and also a team high 61 hits. She also swiped 18 bases and made just 1 error. Nothing finalized yet (I don't think), but Bama is after her.

Bama thought they led for Lassiter at one point, but she ended up picking LSU a few days ago. The good news is, a commitment from UW outfielder Alana Johnson could be imminent. Johnson was a So. this season for the Huskies, started 47 games and hit .336 with 13 HR's and 40 RBI (just 1 error in the field). She's fresh off a visit to Tuscaloosa and word is everything went really well. Johnson is originally from MS. Though she's highly sought after, this is a bat and glove that Murphy needs to land.

Back
Top Bottom