| BSB/SB đźĄŽBama Softball to host Regional as 14th overall seed... [Thread updated with transfer commitment]

UNI's sophomore C/OF Alexis Pupillo
Her twitter posts keep popping up on my feed. Just look at the teams she is tagging in her posts. Bama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, FSU, OSU, Texas. My point is Bama is still a desired destination for top talent. Now I have no insider information on this player or where she will land but she is the #1 outfielder in the portal right now and she is tagging our coaches (even Adam!?) on Twitter.

Just a FWIW note: The softball transfer portal opened up yesterday... it closes on June 17. Obviously, Bama will need some key pieces for next season, and Murphy really needs to find some that can be major impacts, not just depth pieces. One name out there that is already showing interest in Bama (and several others) is UNI's sophomore C/OF Alexis Pupillo. Many more will be popping up soon though, especially as the season winds down and the 16 teams left standing further dwindle...

Not a bad start to the transfer adds...

She had 19 HR’s this year. Do we have one player with double digit HR’s ? With her being a catcher yall think it will have Valentine thinking of the portal with her being a Sophomore catcher ?

She had 19 HR’s this year. Do we have one player with double digit HR’s? With her being a catcher yall think it will have Valentine thinking of the portal with her being a Sophomore catcher ?

No.

With her being a catcher yall think it will have Valentine thinking of the portal with her being a Sophomore catcher?

Not sure on that. If Valentine did stay, she might get squeezed out some though unless she has a breakthrough (she has bad some good moments). Giles is the better defensive catcher of the two, and while neither were swinging a hot bat this year, Giles was a slight notch above there too, IMO. I will add that Giles, like Pupillo, could play other spots, but they are both good behind the plate.

Coach told me. Never have enough catchers
Do you know why we lost Skylar Wallace? We didn't have a single catcher left on the roster and Murph wanted her to catch. She said no way and left for Florida. That was the season Hemphill caught and we brought in Doer as an early enrollee to help behind the plate.

Funny (ish) story, but when I first was introduced to Skylar she had just transferred to Florida. The player that introduced me said "he graduated from Alabama". Her response was "I almost made that same mistake." I wanted to punch her but at the same time I was impressed she was that quick witted.

Back
Top Bottom