Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know, hope so though.

• I'm psychic, I already know.

• Total voters

Crimson323

Verified Member
It seems to me that some of the BamaNation faithful are still not used to seeing Alabama back in the national rankings yet. After all of the crap Bama has endured over the past few seasons it's time to get back to business. USC came out of a terrible slump and after a streak of lowsy seasons are close to winning three NC's in a row, if Alabama or Texas doesn't beat them in the Rose Bowl. "...remeber the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..." is the phrase BamaNation should keep in their heads all season until the Bowl Bids are announced.
Instead of saying "We need this win against UF.." (that's a given) We should be saying, "We are going to beat the Gaytors, just like the 1999 SEC Title game." No fear, they don't have any weapons we can't match or one up them on. They are ranked #5, we are #15, after Saturday I think we will be closer in the polls, like say....Bama #9, Florida #10.

It's Alabama Football, anything can happen. RTR!

(Please pass the potates Porkchop, I'm getting hungry.)

Excuse me.....? Savgaytor is it? I don't see how a #15 losing to a #5 would knock #15 out of the polls. Not only would it be one loss, but when a higher ranked team beats a lesser ranked team, the lesser ranked team hardly moves in the polls. Besides, rankings mean nothing when it comes to games like this. Bama has homefield advantage and a whole lot more, that gaytor fans tend to overlook. I'll let someone else point those out to you though. I am too busy messing with peoples heads in the Houndstooth Den.

WELL, I THE OLD FART IN HERE I GUESS!!!!!

BUT, I'M PULLING FOR OUR BAD BOY'S AGAIN SATURDAY !!

AND I 'M RUNNING MY MOUTH TO ALL MY FRIEND'S AND TO SOME THAT AINT !!
JUST WISHED I STILL WORKED IN THE MOBILE HOME PLANT ,, BOY ,WOULD I BE HAVING A BALL RIGHT NOW !!

COME SATURDAY EVENING ALABAMA 5/ 0
GOING WITH THE BIG DOG'S !!!!!

Crimson323 said:
Excuse me.....? Savgaytor is it? I don't see how a #15 losing to a #5 would knock #15 out of the polls. Not only would it be one loss, but when a higher ranked team beats a lesser ranked team, the lesser ranked team hardly moves in the polls.

Not so fast my friend! This is one of my real pet peeves about polls. I remember a year or two ago when a #19 Iowa St team lost to #2 Oklahoma and droped out of the polls. I remember thinking, "Isn't that what was supposed to happen? How can you drop Iowa State for losing to a team you knew would beat them?" Falling 10 spots might be drastic for a 15 losing to 5, but I wouldn't say it would be impossible.

BTW, bandit, no need to yell. :wink:

RollTideRandy said:
Not so fast my friend! This is one of my real pet peeves about polls. I remember a year or two ago when a #19 Iowa St team lost to #2 Oklahoma and droped out of the polls. I remember thinking, "Isn't that what was supposed to happen?

That's the weird thing about polls...it's hard to apply much logic to them.

Remember back (okay, waaaay back) in 1983 when Ray Perkins took his first team went up to play Paterno & Penn State. Bama, behind QB Walter Lewis, mounted one of the school's greatest comebacks, from a 34-7 second half deficit, to trailing 34-28 and gunning from the Penn State 2-yard line as time ran short. Bama completed a pass to TE Preston Gothard in the back of the endzone that clearly should have been a TD. But alas! The ref ruled Gothard out of bounds. We lost the game due to that official's bad call. (If we'd had instant replay in 1983, things would've been very different.)

So what happened? We were penalized in the polls, big time. Penn State moved up, Bama dropped. The poll voters penalized Alabama for the official's mistake!

Back
Top Bottom