| FTBL Bama moving toward CFPs?

Point spreads have no impact on rankings. Point spreads are designed so that ”the house” makes money. The initial point spread’s purpose is to generate bets. If too much is bet one way or the other, they will change the spread to get more bets the other way.

My heart tells me that a 35 point beat down of Auburn is going to happen, but after some of these other games I am not even sure we will score 35.
They are going to come in emotional and play hard for rah rah guy. He is Barn through and through. It should not matter but we all know it has been a struggle for Bama in all phases at different times.

I hope Bama put a beat down on that other team! We all know he will be doing a lot of back yard plays! All I want to see Saturday night and Sunday is this! I'm still an Barnes fan no matter what!

I VERY MUCH doubt there will be that much parity but if TCU, MICH, and USC had lost we'd have a shot here. Since neither of those three lost, we have at best 4 teams ahead of us even if MICH loses they'd stay ahead of us. TCU might also. Then it would still be a debate between UT, USC, and us and not sure we'd win that argument considering our wins are all against worse competition and UT and USC would have a few top 25 wins. We'd definitely be looking in from the outside, IMO. This is just not a good year, let's all just move on and hope that we improve dramatically in the off season in a few key areas.

appu-appu-rajosh.gif

The last thing we need to feed the shitty culture of this current team is for next year's returning players to be thinking they can take 2 games off and still slide into the championship race.

I VERY MUCH doubt there will be that much parity but if TCU, MICH, and USC had lost we'd have a shot here. Since neither of those three lost, we have at best 4 teams ahead of us even if MICH loses they'd stay ahead of us. TCU might also. Then it would still be a debate between UT, USC, and us and not sure we'd win that argument considering our wins are all against worse competition and UT and USC would have a few top 25 wins. We'd definitely be looking in from the outside, IMO. This is just not a good year, let's all just move on and hope that we improve dramatically in the off season in a few key areas.
@Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Agree. We really dont look like a NC team...
But...
Uga beats lsu ( ( probably)
Osu-mich One loses in blowout
Tcu loses maybe 2... ( tcu is a paper tiger...really not that good)
nd beat usc....sat nite ( usc is mediocre and still would have to beat am oregon team if they win)
USCe beat Clemson...( after tn game....ummmm)

Just saying its a possibility....lots haveto happen...but lots have happened in past

And you have a bama team...with 2 loses on last plays of game...

We have looked terrible this year, BUT, to be fair, we have list two games by a total of four points, and both on the last plays of the game. Not like we've gotten waxed like Oregon did against Georgia and Clemson did against Notre Dame. I mean, if we can clean up the penalities and keep it below 7 a game, we can play with anybody, still. Be a lot closer than in year's past, but with our roster alone you can't count us out if any game.

-Georgia and their fans want no part of us. Their words, not mine.
-Ohio State and Michigan are eerily quiet this year about Alabama and hoping we don't sneak in.
-TCU, just ain't ready for us.
-USC, read above with TCU.

We have looked terrible this year, BUT, to be fair, we have list two games by a total of four points, and both on the last plays of the game. Not like we've gotten waxed like Oregon did against Georgia and Clemson did against Notre Dame. I mean, if we can clean up the penalities and keep it below 7 a game, we can play with anybody, still. Be a lot closer than in year's past, but with our roster alone you can't count us out if any game.

-Georgia and their fans want no part of us. Their words, not mine.
-Ohio State and Michigan are eerily quiet this year about Alabama and hoping we don't sneak in.
-TCU, just ain't ready for us.
-USC, read above with TCU.
I agree completely with you. I raised the point after the LSU loss that we'd still be in a 12 team playoff. Most on here shot it down because "we'd get stomped & don't deserve to be in the playoffs".
My point then and now is that an expanded playoff isn't usually won by the "best" team, but by the "hottest" team at the time.
I still say that no one in the playoffs this year would look forward to seeing Alabama & Nick Saban. (Anyone who truly thinks this is full of crap in my opinion).
Spot on! Good Post.

@Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Agree. We really dont look like a NC team...
But...
Uga beats lsu ( ( probably)
Osu-mich One loses in blowout
Tcu loses maybe 2... ( tcu is a paper tiger...really not that good)
nd beat usc....sat nite ( usc is mediocre and still would have to beat am oregon team if they win)
USCe beat Clemson...( after tn game....ummmm)

Just saying its a possibility....lots haveto happen...but lots have happened in past

And you have a bama team...with 2 loses on last plays of game...
I've thought of this exact scenario. A lot would have to happen (and more than likely won't) but it's still fun to watch it play out. This stuff is what makes College Football so much fun.
For those that say we don't deserve it, I say "you may not deserve to win the lottery, but you would sure as hell take it if you did!

if we can clean up the penalities and keep it below 7 a game, we can play with anybody,
Even with all the issues at WR and OC/DC, this has been the difference in blow outs and 2 losses. Heck 7 penalties a game is bad but dang what other team would even be in a game with 17 penatlies much less have a chance to win it? This is why I was hoping we would turn it around but at this point it is what it is.

View attachment 22647

A lot of you in here right now

We saw crazier when Baylor beat Kansas State and Stanford beat Oregon in Eugene back in 2012 for us to get in.

Notre Dame is 8-1 since the Ohio State game. USC has been flirting with danger, like us, all year long. Not impossible.

LSU, let's just say they lose to Georgia, so three losses.

I think Michigan loses to Ohio State. One loss to #2, but then go blind resume their schedule or strength of schedule against the Top 8.

TCU plays Iowa State and then either Kansas State or Texas. They have flirted with danger a few times and still have a couple of road blocks left. One loss and they are out.

Clemson is already behind us, and even with an ACC Championship win over a North Carolina team that just got beat by Georgia Tech you have to wonder if that moves the needle at all.

Then we just have to beat Auburn pretty good to leave no doubt we are still a solid team.

A LOT still has to happen, but we've seen it before. Just think of the doubters at the beginning of the year that thought we'd lose and were a Playoff lock. It can all change quick.

We have looked terrible this year, BUT, to be fair, we have list two games by a total of four points, and both on the last plays of the game.

To play devils advocate… we also won 3 games on the last play of the game. Texas, aTm and ole miss could have been losses and this team could be 6-5 right now.

Now, I’d be happy to be in the playoffs, but this team needs a lot of change to be championship caliber… IMO.

Mom
To play devils advocate… we also won 3 games on the last play of the game. Texas, aTm and ole miss could have been losses and this team could be 6-5 right now.

Now, I’d be happy to be in the playoffs, but this team needs a lot of change to be championship caliber… IMO.
but its not a 3-5 loss team. Sure could hsve been for sure
Play as crappy as bama has played in spirts. And still be in top few.
That's remarkable

You ain't wrong, but so have Georgia with Missouri and Ohio State with Northwestern, Michigan with Illinois, and TCU with Kansas and Baylor. We take the close ones, ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom