| FTBL bama history question.

ORANGEADDICT

Verified Member
So ya see me on here alot,can someone explain the why people say bammer jammer, and also why no one likes to be called a bammer?? Isnt that like me being called a vol? Just curious guys,have a great day and good luck this weekend.

ORANGEADDICT said:
So ya see me on here alot,can someone explain the why people say cool guy jammer, and also why no one likes to be called a cool guy?? Isnt that like me being called a vol? Just curious guys,have a great day and good luck this weekend.

In sports message board parlance we call UT fans viles and Auburn fans barners. They in turn call us b-a-m-m-e-r-s. It doesn't bother me, but some do see it as an insult, to the point that the filters change it to cool guy

Since history is brought up here...here's a little nugget for ya.

The term b@mmer is something a lot of rivals think is some sort of dig at Bama. You'll find it mostly coming from schools in the SE.

It's origin can be traced back to Civil War days...when the Yankees referred to people from the South, not just Alabamians, as "B@mmers."

I do find it sort of funny when these same rivals think they are taking a dig at Bama with the term when in reality they are all b@mmers and just don't know...

TerryP said:
Since history is brought up here...here's a little nugget for ya.

The term b@mmer is something a lot of rivals think is some sort of dig at Bama. You'll find it mostly coming from schools in the SE.

It's origin can be traced back to Civil War days...when the Yankees referred to people from the South, not just Alabamians, as "B@mmers."

I do find it sort of funny when these same rivals think they are taking a dig at Bama with the term when in reality they are all b@mmers and just don't know...

Now that's interesting... thanks! ;tr

6. Bama 215 up, 89 down
Originally, a Bama was a southerner (from Alabama, for instance) trying to blend in up north, but was so obviously country that it didn't work.
Now it's more general and just means something funny-looking, unsophisticated or country as hell.

A Real B@mmer:

SBammer1.jpg

BAMAFSTBACK said:
6. Bama 215 up, 89 down
Originally, a Bama was a southerner (from Alabama, for instance) trying to blend in up north, but was so obviously country that it didn't work.
Now it's more general and just means something funny-looking, unsophisticated or country as hell.

safistacated? Son, slow down...i caint understand ye big words 'ere. What's at mean?

lol

Doesn't bother me obviously. I am glad too see someone knows the history behind it, because I have never considered it to be offensive and have actually begun to like the title which is why I included it in my profile name. B@mmer till I die ... or if you prefer a Bammer.

Back
Top Bottom