| FTBL Back on SI! [Updated with article]

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
Tider27 said:
It will be all over local Wal-Marts at the end of the week.

It has been a long time since I've really paid any attention to SI magazine, but I think their new issues used to come out on Thursdays. If that is the case, then you are right, it will be out before the 8th on newsstands and in stores.

In the warm afterglow of the Clemson win it occurred to me that this game isn't the statement that we are back. When we show that we can bring that kind of intensity and ferocity every week, we'll know we are back. When other teams dread seeing us on their schedule because they know that it will be a tough, physical game we'll know we are back. When an opposing team is sub par physically for a couple of weeks after we play them because of the physical pounding they've absorbed. we'll be where we want to be.

psychojoe said:
In the warm afterglow of the Clemson win it occurred to me that this game isn't the statement that we are back. When we show that we can bring that kind of intensity and ferocity every week, we'll know we are back. When other teams dread seeing us on their schedule because they know that it will be a tough, physical game we'll know we are back. When an opposing team is sub par physically for a couple of weeks after we play them because of the physical pounding they've absorbed. we'll be where we want to be.

Prove it on the field, not with talk and expectations. Right on Joe.

BamaDevO said:
RollTideinGA said:
Did anyone catch the quote on the cover by Coffee?

"We want other teams to fear us."

Yes...and that sounds like perfect bulletin board material.
Goodness!! :( :? :?

Saban talked about the same type of thing in his opening statements when he was hired. It isn't smack talk by Coffee, it is something that is being instilled in them. It is what Alabama football used to be and what it will be again.

Here are his comments during his opening press conference upon his arrival at UA...

"What kind of football team do we want to have here? We want to be a big, physical, aggressive football team that is relentless in the competitive spirit we go out and play with week in and week out. What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, ‘I hate playing against these guys. I hate playing them. Their effort, their toughness, relentless resiliency, go out every play and focus, play the next day, compete for 60 minutes in the game, I can’t handle that.’ That’s the kind of football team we want. Now, that takes a lot of conditioning, a lot of preparation, and it takes a mindset you’re going to play for 60 minutes in the game regardless of what the scoreboard says. You’re going to compete that way throughout the game."

-Nick Saban

Back
Top Bottom