| FTBL And the winner of the Heisman Trophy is.....

Talk about being total bull. It reminds me when Manning vs Woodson... Now I wonder who turned out to be the better player..... :roll:

Gosh, it only seems like yesterday that it was signing day a couple years ago and Delta was ate up with Tebowfatiuation and this site was abuzz, waiting for the Tebow press conference, and how within a brief moment all hope for Tebow becoming a Crimson Tider was deflated as quickly as a balloon can burst. From then . . .

to now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlf3CBULOw0[/youtube]

bear facts said:
Gosh, it only seems like yesterday that it was signing day a couple years ago and Delta was ate up with Tebowfatiuation and this site was abuzz, waiting for the Tebow press conference, and how within a brief moment all hope for Tebow becoming a Crimson Tider was deflated as quickly as a balloon can burst. From then . . .

to now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlf3CBULOw0[/youtube]

You think we could've got him if we would have had CNS in place just a thought.

Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:
Talk about being total bull.

I'm curious, how is this "total bull?" :?:

Well, seeing how ESPN sucked, licked, and pumped Tebow in our face the whole year. No wonder he won, much like the Woodson thing. A sophomore could never win right?

Not saying the kid isn't good, but he didn't beat Auburn, Georgia, and LSU.

Sure he's 97% of the team's production. Hell, the whole offense is built on him alone. What happens when he don't play OMG!!!

I'll take Dmac anyday of the week. Plus, he did run Hog wild on the #1 in the land..

TP said it best it's great to do it this year, but some have been doing it for many years with no praise.

TerryP said:
bear facts said:
TerryP said:
McFadden won that trophy today. He very well may have just secured the first round draft pick as well. But, then again, I don't follow the NFL so I have no idea who may have the first pick. Miami?

I hope you are right, but it seems like some folks are pushing Tebow awfully hard.

I know "Timmy," as Danielson calls him, seems to get an unreal amount of praise and adoration from CBS.

If he has another one of those 5 to 7 touchdown games against FSU like he has been cranking out lately, McFadden might not win it after all.

I'm pulling for McFadden, though.

Not that I think anything of the Heisman, but if it did go to Tebow I suspect you'll see a lot of the nation shocked. I can't see it happening considering all the RB's in the voting group.

If they look at it logically, they'll see Tebow has had a great season; one.

McFadden. 1000+ rushing his freshman year. 1000+ his sophomore year and Felix Jones did as well. Junior year is a repeat of last year.

It's one thing doing well one season. Quite another doing it 3 years in a row and the last two sharing the running duties.

How many yards did he get tonight? Anyone know off the top of their head?

Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:

Well, seeing how ESPN sucked, licked, and pumped Tebow in our face the whole year. No wonder he won, much like the Woodson thing. A sophomore could never win right?

Sure he's 97% of the team's production. Hell, the whole offense is built on him alone. What happens when he don't play OMG!!!

I'll take Dmac anyday of the week. Plus, he did run Hog wild on the #1 in the land..

So, you're dissing Tebow because he didn't beat Auburn, Georgia, and LSU. Then, you say that McFadden deserved the Heisman, even though he lost to Alabama, Kentucky, Auburn, and Tennessee. ;scr

I think McFadden is by far the best pure athlete in the nation. However, the Heisman trophy isn't supposed to be awarded to the most athletic player. It isn't supposed to be awarded to the player that will be a better pro. The Heisman trophy is awarded to the best player in the nation, and this year it was Tim Tebow, IMO.

Optimus, CBS provided just as much, if not more, Tebow p.r. than ESPN did.

I honestly hated to watch any CBS game involving Florida. With Danielson and Dumbquist calling those games, it was always a total Timmy Tebow Man-Love Fest.

And I agree, I do believe McFadden will make a more significant contribution in the NFL than Tebow, but of course the media will justify Tebow's play, if it is subpar or average, as him falling victim to the system he plays in.

Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:

So, you're dissing Tebow because he didn't beat Auburn, Georgia, and LSU. Then, you say that McFadden deserved the Heisman, even though he lost to Alabama, Kentucky, Auburn, and Tennessee. ;scr

I think McFadden is by far the best pure athlete in the nation. However, the Heisman trophy isn't supposed to be awarded to the most athletic player. It isn't supposed to be awarded to the player that will be a better pro. The Heisman trophy is awarded to the best player in the nation, and this year it was Tim Tebow, IMO.

37, I agree, and looking at Tebow's stats for this season, how can he not be deserving of the award?

Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:

I'm not dissing anyone you ask me why I said bull. I gave you my reasons . Sry if you're a Tebow fan...

I said DMAC beat the #1 team in the land something Tebow couldn't do hence why I post he beat LSU.

To me the Heisman means nothing...

bear facts said:
Optimus, CBS provided just as much, if not more, Tebow p.r. than ESPN did.

I honestly hated to watch any CBS game involving Florida. With Danielson and Dumbquist calling those games, it was always a total Timmy Tebow Man-Love Fest.

And I agree, I do believe McFadden will make a more significant contribution in the NFL than Tebow, but of course the media will justify Tebow's play, if it is subpar or average, as him falling victim to the system he plays in.

Yep, I forgot them suckups as well!

Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:

I'm not dissing anyone you ask me why I said bull. I gave you my reasons . Sry if you're a Tebow fan...

I said DMAC beat the #1 team in the land something Tebow couldn't do hence why I post he beat LSU.

Please show me your logic in how Tebow is so much more athletic?

;scr

I never said I was a Tebow fan. :?

Also, I never said that Tebow was more athletic McFadden. In fact, I actually said McFadden was the best pure athlete in the nation. Did you even read my post? :?

Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:

Not taking anything away from the Hogs' victory or McFaddens's performance against the Bayou Bengals, but let's not forget that Florida went up against a healthy LSU team and defense, whereas Arkansas didn't.

Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:
Bamaman37 said:
Optimus said:

Please show me your logic in how Tebow is so much more athletic?

;scr

I never said I was a Tebow fan. :?

Also, I never said that Tebow was more athletic McFadden. In fact, I actually said McFadden was the best pure athlete in the nation. Did you even read my post? :?

No you didn't say he was more athletic, but you did say he was the best player in the land. Which to me means he's a better player. Tebow is in a good system that fits him well. The best player in the nation isn't the guy with the big numbers it's the guy that plays for his team and makes them win when it seems they can't. I didn't see that from Tebow..

First of all, BIG D had an outstanding year as a running back/passer and he even passed the ball some out of the WildHog. Which many teams copied right? What if he was the Arkansas #1 qb where he handled the ball every snap he would have been somewhat comparable to Tebow.

Also, put Brennan, McFadden, or anyone else in Tebow's spot at UF, in Meyer's offensive scheme, they would have been a beast and at least matched, if not beaten Tebow's numbers. (Cough's LEAK!!!LEAK!!) Secondly, where would Arkansas be for the last 3 years if you took McFadden completely out of the equation. They would have had a new coach 2 years ago I'd bet!

Last year with Leak as the #1 qb and Tebow in the 2 spot situations, Florida still had an amazing year - better in the w/l column than this year. For that, I would submit that McFadden brings more to his team than Tebow does his, and as such is more deserving of the Heisman.

On another hand just looking up this crap, please don't quote me on everything. I really don't care but, last year Brennan threw 58 TD passes never before done, in college or prolast year he totaled 63 TD's, never before done. Last year his passer rating was 186% (conficting sources on that) highest ever in college football historyhis team was 11-3 and won their bowl game...

So why didn't Brennan win last year? It's all about ESPN and CBS pumping up the BS about some player. Tragic really...

Back
Top Bottom