| MBB/WBB While the schedule hasn't been released, what do you think? Which game should they use to hang the banner for the West Region Championship??

Oats and the fellas are playing with house money! All the pressure is on UConn to repeat and hearing how great they are and how they are blowing everyone out! Meanwhile, we are told we “don’t belong” or “we got lucky” or “UConn is going to mop the floor with us”. Play loose fellas and play your game and let’s let the chips fall where they may!! RMFTR!!!

That would be my strategy. Bang down low and see if we can create some foul trouble first, but if no luck quickly shift to shooting from deep. We can't allow a 30-0 run and I'm good with living and dying by the three, as we do most games.
Can't afford a 15-0 run against this team. Do not need to get into a deep hole. I guess we can overcome anything if we hit enough 3s but reality is they are likely going to hit about 11 or so if they hit their average. Hitting 16 in back to back games is unlikely but hope they do.

Can't afford a 15-0 run against this team. Do not need to get into a deep hole. I guess we can overcome anything if we hit enough 3s but reality is they are likely going to hit about 11 or so if they hit their average. Hitting 16 in back to back games is unlikely but hope they do.

While it'll be an issue for both teams, my concern for Bama is that their success in this game will be tied to their 3 point shooting. Obviously, they need to keep playing up to their recent defensive performances, but good/great defense or not, there's no path to victory without Bama hitting three's at a high rate. The concern... playing in a damn football stadium where the sightlines and depth perceptions on deep shots is something that is sure to impact the players. There's no way to prepare for it other than getting shots up on that court, and there are very few opportunities for Bama to do that before tip off on Saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom