| MBB/WBB šŸ€ Alabama Snaps Three-Game Losing Streak with a 70-67 Victory over LSU

šŸ’©. This game should have been over a while back. Nine missed FTs and all fifteen missed threes in the second half. Right now, Will Wade's temper tantrum is the lead Bama's clinging to.

Very fortunate. How can you miss 5 straight FT's down the stretch? At least they played much harder on the defensive end in this game. Ultimately the difference in the game was the D. It sure wasn't the 3 point or FT shooting.

Shack is not going to rebound or play D.
If Oats held the same accountability for Shack as he does for Miles, we'd likely see Shack's minutes drop dramatically. He is a very frustrating player, but he's best player capable of getting hot.

Just me probably, but I think we'll be better off with Rylan Griffen. I'll always appreciate Shack for his effort though.n

Shwew, a close one that shouldn't have been. Vegas knows man, I tell you what.

Are these guys allowed to wear receiver gloves? Bediako needs a pair if they can. Deep down I feel sorry for him, because every time he makes a mistake I see it in his face that he is inexperienced and seriously unsure of what happened. He's gonna be alright as time goes on. He looks as if he cares.

0% from three in the 2nd half is a tough one to swallow. Zero clue how an entire team can go cold so much over the last half month.

We gotta keep fighting and quit being stupid with the ball. Could have won by twenty, but just can't seem to get over the mental hump of how to close. Either way, good win against a Top 15 team, and beating LSU and that ass wipe coach of theirs is always beautiful.

How the heck did we win that game? I missed it. We had 3 starters total 10 points. Shot 20% from arc and 34% from 2. Plain awful! 65% free throws. We put up 95 shots and 32 free throws. Thatā€™s a bunch of shots.

Won the boards which surprises me and Shack must have heard our criticism. Big win! Just donā€™t understand how we pulled that off.

How the heck did we win that game? I missed it. We had 3 starters total 10 points. Shot 20% from arc and 34% from 2. Plain awful! 65% free throws. We put up 95 shots and 32 free throws. Thatā€™s a bunch of shots.

Won the boards which surprises me and Shack must have heard our criticism. Big win! Just donā€™t understand how we pulled that off.
Defense and effort. If they bring that it will turn those close losses into close wins. They had numerous stops and even had several offensive rebounds. Muuuuch improvement in that part of the game.

every time he makes a mistake I see it in his face that he is inexperienced and seriously unsure of what happened. He's gonna be alright as time goes on. He looks as if he cares.
He missed a straight up uncontested 2 hand dunk to start the game. How does that happen? Anyway I get your point and I guess you just have to chalk this up to freshman growing pains.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. ā€“ The Alabama men's basketball team used a big second half run and was able to hang on to defeat No. 13/16 LSU, 70-67, Wednesday night inside Coleman Coliseum. It marked the Crimson Tide's fourth win over a ranked team this season (4-1) with all four victories coming against top-15 teams.

Alabama (12-6, 3-3 SEC) was led on the night by junior guard Jaden Shackelford's 26 points and four steals to pace three players in double figures. Junior guard Jahvon Quinerly added 17 points off the bench while senior guard Keon Ellis had 12 points, a team-leading eight rebounds and three steals in the victory.

The Tigers (15-3, 3-3) were led by forward Tari Eason's 26 points and 10 boards in the loss, which was the fifth-straight defeat to Alabama in the series.

Head Coach Nate Oats Postgame Comments​

"That was a big win. We needed to get back on a winning streak. Three losses in a row were enough. We didn't play particularly well, especially on the offensive end. We couldn't make shots, went 0-of-15 from three in the second half and couldn't make free throws late. Our guys fought and battled all night. You've got to give a ton of credit to our guys for figuring out a way to get a win when it wasn't our best game on the offensive end. I like where our attitude was leading up to the game. I thought we played a lot harder. If we give that effort and we start making shots like we are capable of, then we can get this thing back to where we had it in early December."

Team Stats​

• The contest featured 15 lead changes and five ties throughout
  • The 70 points scored by Alabama matched the most points allowed in a game this season by LSU, which came into the contest ranked No.1 in the nation in defensive efficiency
  • The Tide's three guards (Shackelford, Quinerly and Ellis) combined to score 55 of the team's 70 points
  • The 10 fouls committed by the Crimson Tide were the fewest in a game this season
  • Shackelford recorded his team-leading fifth 20-point game of the season and 18th of his career
  • JD Davison earned his first career start playing 18:20 minutes in the game
  • With Davidson in the first rotation, Alabama has now used three different starting lineups this season

Back
Top Bottom