| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Snaps Three-Game Losing Streak with a 70-67 Victory over LSU

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama will play three of its final four games in Tuscaloosa this month, beginning with a Wednesday night showdown vs. No. 13 /16 LSU on ESPN2 at 6 p.m. CT. It marks the first of two contests played between the longtime rivals, as the Crimson Tide will make the return trip to Baton Rouge for the regular season finale on March 5 (CBS 11 a.m. CT). It is also the first time the Tide has played back-to-back home games since Nov. 16 (South Alabama) and Nov. 19 (Oakland).

A year ago, the Tide won all three games over the Tigers and have now won four straight overall in the series, including an 80-79 win in the SEC Tournament championship game. With the season series sweep, UA improved to 112-74 overall in the 186 games played between the rivals. The 186 meetings are the second-most Alabama has played against any single opponent, while the 112 wins rank as third best against any foe.

The Crimson Tide enters the contest trying to snap a three-game losing streak – the longest since the 2019-20 season. Alabama's last three losses have been by a combined 12 points, falling by six at Missouri, by two vs. Auburn and most recently a four-point defeat at Mississippi State last Saturday. The Tide is now 1-2 in one possession games and 3-3 in two possession contests this season. A year ago, UA finished 3-2 in one possession games and went 4-1 in games that game down to two possessions.

The Broadcast​

• Wednesday's game will be available on ESPN2 with Karl Ravech (play-by-play) and Jimmy Dykes (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play), Bryan Passink (analyst) and Roger Hoover (sideline) on the call while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

How the hell did we open up as the favorites? These are the lines that really throw me off.
Only thing that makes sense is it is a home game and it is not like we have been blown out. Against the Barn at home we certainly were on the verge of being blown out but had a run and had a chance at the end. Still understand why you say what you say. I am the same I expect a loss. Maybe that will make the difference and Bama wins.

The line opened at 2' and has been beat up to 3'-4. I don't get it the way we are playing we will be lucky to get the win. I expect LSU to pound us on the boards.

Outside of Shack hitting all three FTs and JD grabbing one board, this is an atrocious start to the game. Gary had his man wide open at the 3 and opted to take it to the rim with three guys crashing the paint. Made no sense whatsoever..

Back
Top Bottom