| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Snaps Three-Game Losing Streak with a 70-67 Victory over LSU

Defense and effort. If they bring that it will turn those close losses into close wins. They had numerous stops and even had several offensive rebounds. Muuuuch improvement in that part of the game.

He missed a straight up uncontested 2 hand dunk to start the game. How does that happen? Anyway I get your point and I guess you just have to chalk this up to freshman growing pains.

He ain't the first guy to ever miss a dunk. Happens more than you think even in the NBA. Non-contested wide open ones as well.

Almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Despite 0 for 15 in the 2nd half on the 3's, we hit our free throws and this would have been a semi blowout 10 to 12 point win.

Almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Despite 0 for 15 in the 2nd half on the 3's, we hit our free throws and this would have been a semi blowout 10 to 12 point win.
Indeed hitting FT's would have made this more comfortable. In the end it forced them to sustain their defensive intensity otherwise they would have walked away with another loss. Much needed now can they sustain in or was this just a blip. I think in the OOC games they showed they could but can they rediscover that going forward in the SEC?

I think the stretch of losses has given the team AND Oats some humble pie. I appreciate swagger from a team as long as it does not prevent you from doing the pre game work needed to back it up. I think they lost that toughness and pregrame work ethic as did Oats. My 2 cents but Oats appears to be to results oriented at times and lets Rat Poison effect him as well. As a younger coach at this level he is still figuring all of this stuff out also.

Indeed hitting FT's would have made this more comfortable. In the end it forced them to sustain their defensive intensity otherwise they would have walked away with another loss. Much needed now can they sustain in or was this just a blip. I think in the OOC games they showed they could but can they rediscover that going forward in the SEC?

I think the stretch of losses has given the team AND Oats some humble pie. I appreciate swagger from a team as long as it does not prevent you from doing the pre game work needed to back it up. I think they lost that toughness and pregrame work ethic as did Oats. My 2 cents but Oats appears to be to results oriented at times and lets Rat Poison effect him as well. As a younger coach at this level he is still figuring all of this stuff out also.
I think Rojas brought a little defensive spark in to the game. Hopefully he just had a little tweak and didn't hurt that knee again.

I think Rojas brought a little defensive spark in to the game. Hopefully he just had a little tweak and didn't hurt that knee again.
Last year Rojas drove me crazy and I was frustrated every time he got into the game. With that team he was a liability but with this team they need a down a dirty bring energy type player. He will still will do stupid stuff but someone needs to bring that energy spark.

I thought he kept playing after the tweak but maybe I am wrong.

So it was the right one!
Glad it was the right one. Now cannot stumble in the next two AND find a way to win 1 or 2 out of the Baylor/UK/Barn stretch. These guys have created some challenges on themselves when they dropped 3 games that they should have won at least 2 of them. Making their path much harder. I guess at this point the focus needs to be on simply improving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom