| OT Alabama Players or Coaches, Quotes of the day......

"One day, we had a game and we were at the school about to leave and coach [Mario] Cristobal came to the back and asked me to come out there [to Alabama] and take a visit just to see how it is. And I really, like this is the truth … I told him, ‘No, I’m not going to go out there. I’m just going to go to Miami.’ He was like, ‘Man, just come out there and take a visit.’ So I really went out there and saw it, they were playing LSU. And it blew my mind how many people were at the game. I just committed. I called my mom and I told her I wanted to commit. And she was like, ‘That’s Alabama, that’s far.’ She was like, ‘Miami’s right here.’ And I was like, ‘No, it’s going to be better for me, winning championships.’ I (wanted) to be a champion, so I did it.” – Calvin Ridley, who was born on this date in 1994,

‘Well, these sumbitches wouldn’t block anybody, I wanted to see if they could tackle somebody.’” Pat Tramell answer after calling a quick kick on 1st down against Auburn. Bill Battle told the story. :laugh:

“We were up big against Auburn, but Pat needed to do something to break a record, maybe throw another pass,” said Battle, who went on to become head coach at Tennessee and later was Alabama’s athletics director. “So (Bryant) put him back in after they took the first bunch out. And the first play, he called for a quick kick. He came over to the bench and coach Bryant asked, ‘what the crap are you doing?’ (Trammell) said ‘well, these sumbitches wouldn’t block anybody, I wanted to see if they could tackle somebody.’”

Back
Top Bottom