| OT Alabama Players or Coaches, Quotes of the day......

“I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor than a sleepy, permanent planet.”

Someone once read those words to Kenny Stabler and asked the former quarterback what they meant. Stabler paused a moment, then said, “Throw deep.”

“I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor than a sleepy, permanent planet.”

Someone once read those words to Kenny Stabler and asked the former quarterback what they meant. Stabler paused a moment, then said, “Throw deep.”

Said about Coach Bryant, by Pat Dye, player at uGaly. Dye was 2 way starter at guard and LB. "We come on to the field for warm ups and we are so ready to play, jumping around etc. Then I looked to the far end of the field and saw Coach Bryant leaning against the goal post. It was then that I knew in my heart we didn't have a chance".

Back
Top Bottom