| FTBL Spring Practice 2023: 2nd spring scrimmage set for Saturday at 1 CT

Lawson and Turner out for Spring. Both Recovering from surgery. That sucks, especially Lawson. Needed the work/experience. Big hit IMO. Transfer from Georgia hopefully steps up.

I think the O-line will be a different animal this year, may not gel early but by mid-season they should be into form. The interesting thing is, how will the Receivers do? We've had some spoiled years, but last year we didn't have a true #1 guy at receiver. We really need someone to step into that role this year and take over games.

Amen and amen. They’ve been the weak link on offense for the past few seasons. Lines rife with 5 Star recruits that played as a unit of 3 Stars. Me, I liked the early Saban lines filled with 3 Star and low 4 Star recruits who played like 5 Star units.
You would think any OL coach in the country would be able to turn the quality of recruits that Bama pulls into a monster OL.

Two sayings come to mind.

1. Even a blind hog can find an acorn once Ina while. and
2. A broken clock is right twice a day.

People can mature as well. We all mature at different rates. No offense, but willing to bet you stumbled a lot in life as well, and I'm sure many times after you were taught better and knew better, so what is that saying if you want to hold a hard stance on him not getting any better? He's a top tier athlete, and he's got the best coaching in the world. He'll get better.

People can mature as well. We all mature at different rates. No offense, but willing to bet you stumbled a lot in life as well, and I'm sure many times after you were taught better and knew better, so what is that saying if you want to hold a hard stance on him not getting any better? He's a top tier athlete, and he's got the best coaching in the world. He'll get better.

And even if he doesn't turn out to be a world class QB, he would have his place. 2018 Jalen Hurts in the SEC Championship game comes to mind. And certainly Hurts got better after that.

So a solid, wait & see.

So a solid, wait & see.
Agree 10000+. Do not know why people can't just take a breath and let the competition play out and see who the GOAT thinks gives the team the best chance to win. People develop at different rates. See Mac Jones.... Both QB's are at bama because they are really good. No matter who wins it there will likely be a step back at that position but as a team they can still win at a high level which is what I expect.

Will be interesting, hearing really good things about the offensive line this year. They have a bit of a punishing attitude this year and a mean streak/nastiness that has been lacking in recent (2) years essentially.

I think we're looking at some Freshman from this class taking early rolls also, there's a few standing out taking reps with the 1st and the 2s that would be rotating on Dline and what not.

Back
Top Bottom