| PRO Alabama football in the Professional Football Leagues (NFL, CFL, etc.) 2022 - '23

Not sure what happened to Leatherwood. Solid as hell at Bama and now he can't even get the snap count right and holds way too often. He is either having a hard time adjusting or isn't willing to put in the work after getting his money.

OJ was pretty solid but not spectacular in the NFL until he got hurt. He has not been the same since.

Hate to always point to the Falcons for landing Alabama players any time one comes available, but these guys and before Drake got picked up would have been/be valuable additions to a team that is rebuilding.
The Falcons are clueless. They held onto Ryan too long. The majority of their roster are players you haven't, or at least hardly, heard of.

they're all better off away from the Raiders. I think the move to LV was a bad idea all around. Nothing good has happened to them since.
Nothing good? They made the playoffs for only the second time in 20 years. They had a winning record for the only the second time in 20 years. They play in a state-of-the-art stadium and the valuation of the team has quadrupled and now they actually have money to pay a better coaching staff and the guaranteed money portion for player contracts. Obviously I'm a Raider fan and I have been since the Stabler days. The fact they had to leave Oakland was heartbreaking for traditional fans. But the city of Oakland and Alameda County were screwing them and they never had any intention of helping them build a new stadium. The one they had was totally antiquated and dilapidated (sewage leaking into locker rooms and the field), lowest revenue in the League, extremely dangerous area around the stadium, etc., etc. The move had to happen. McDaniels and Ziegler will run a much better ship than Gruden ever could and Mark Davis is not as stubborn and out of touch as his Dad became.

I don't know what happened to Alex, but he was getting pushed around like a little kid all preseason long - he was terrible. I think his confidence may be in the tank. McD and Zieg come from the Bellichick tree and they don't overpay running backs. Nonetheless, Josh will likely have a great year because he will see lots of action and if they don't re-sign him next year, he'll make more money elsewhere. Lastly, look at Lester Cotton. Nobody drafted him. The Raiders signed him as an undrafted free agent and have continuously given him more and more opportunity to improve to the point where he is now starting at right guard.

Nothing good? They made the playoffs for only the second time in 20 years. They had a winning record for the only the second time in 20 years. They play in a state-of-the-art stadium and the valuation of the team has quadrupled and now they actually have money to pay a better coaching staff and the guaranteed money portion for player contracts. Obviously I'm a Raider fan and I have been since the Stabler days. The fact they had to leave Oakland was heartbreaking for traditional fans. But the city of Oakland and Alameda County were screwing them and they never had any intention of helping them build a new stadium. The one they had was totally antiquated and dilapidated (sewage leaking into locker rooms and the field), lowest revenue in the League, extremely dangerous area around the stadium, etc., etc. The move had to happen. McDaniels and Ziegler will run a much better ship than Gruden ever could and Mark Davis is not as stubborn and out of touch as his Dad became.

I don't know what happened to Alex, but he was getting pushed around like a little kid all preseason long - he was terrible. I think his confidence may be in the tank. McD and Zieg come from the Bellichick tree and they don't overpay running backs. Nonetheless, Josh will likely have a great year because he will see lots of action and if they don't re-sign him next year, he'll make more money elsewhere. Lastly, look at Lester Cotton. Nobody drafted him. The Raiders signed him as an undrafted free agent and have continuously given him more and more opportunity to improve to the point where he is now starting at right guard.
sorry, I meant Las Vegas has been bad for the Raiders off the field, with all of the DUI's, the email scandal, even former players are getting arrested for DUI's

sorry, I meant Las Vegas has been bad for the Raiders off the field, with all of the DUI's, the email scandal, even former players are getting arrested for DUI's
That's true. LV is a play ground. That's why you have to run a tight ship and be real careful about who you bring in and that you have strong leadership on the roster. Gruden, that previous president, Mayock and some others were a real $hitshow - too many guys with connections to Al Davis. Mark Davis went in his own direction this time with McDanial and Ziegler and he got rid of the toxic admin people and hired a new President. I hate what happened with Ruggs - just tragic - but the Raiders now have a few guys that are recovering alcoholics and they've been through the process and now mentor other players (Waller and Crosby for example).

I look at it like Miami, NYC, LA, etc. If you've got a loose, players first, ship - like Al Davis used to run - you're going to have problems in these party towns. I am very encouraged by McDaniels and Ziegler so far.

Pretty sure they haven't had the trial yet. If you're referring to the Youtube video, it was an intentionally misleading title for the video. Apparently, there is some guideline in place that he faces a minimum of two years in jail and a maximum of 50 years in jail.
My bad, Thanks for that information. I don't remember where I saw or heard that, it's been a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom