| PRO BAMA in the National Football League -

Hurts started off on fire today then faded at halftime. Threw 2 INTs and lost a fumble in the second half. Diggs picked him on the last drive. He said he was going after one earlier in the week. Probably picked a few in practices over the years off Hurts.

This dude dropped 5 passes today. Not joking... He dropped 5.

I've literally never seen a WR have a worse day and felt more uncomfortable watching. He had the yips, and honestly has for most of the season, and today was so bad it could literally impact the rest of his career. 🤦‍♂️

You’re right Stalker. Saw 2 media outlets note he’s 2rd worst in the league for drops (must have 50+ targets to qualify). I hope he gets past it. Until then he’d be best served to stop bad talking his QB and/or coaching staff. Lock has the lowest Passer rating in the league but... Has the 2 worst WR’s at dropping balls in the whole league (Hamler and Jeudy).

You’re right Stalker. Saw 2 media outlets note he’s 2rd worst in the league for drops (must have 50+ targets to qualify). I hope he gets past it. Until then he’d be best served to stop bad talking his QB and/or coaching staff. Lock has the lowest Passer rating in the league but... Has the 2 worst WR’s at dropping balls in the whole league (Hamler and Jeudy).

Like I said - It's one thing to play bad and keep your head down. It's another to play bad and point fingers or go looking to stir the pot.

I think we saw a slight glimmer of "the drops" in last year's Iron Bowl. The Michigan game put everyones mind to rest.... But right now, he's in a bad place. Kills me too because Elway never wants to draft the Tiders. Bronco Country is in bad shape!

Like I said - It's one thing to play bad and keep your head down. It's another to play bad and point fingers or go looking to stir the pot.

I think we saw a slight glimmer of "the drops" in last year's Iron Bowl. The Michigan game put everyones mind to rest.... But right now, he's in a bad place. Kills me too because Elway never wants to draft the Tiders. Bronco Country is in bad shape!

Agree. Fitzpatrick is hopefully changing Tomlin’s mind at Pittsburg. He’s another one that doesn’t like to draft Bama guys. Minkah is playing lights out there right now.

There’s some WR’s rookies having solid years, just not Ruggs or Jeudy. Jefferson is a beast as is Claypool. Aiyuk and Lamb are having solid years also.

This dude dropped 5 passes today. Not joking... He dropped 5.

I've literally never seen a WR have a worse day and felt more uncomfortable watching. He had the yips, and honestly has for most of the season, and today was so bad it could literally impact the rest of his career. 🤦‍♂️

Loved losing that bet by a half point today. Pretty awesome.

Tua needs the next offseason to get up to speed. He really had little of one this year due to recovering from the injury and Covid. The Dolphins seem to have faith in him enough to keep starting him and let Fitz save the game if need be.

Yep. And he hasn't been awful. He looks like most 1st round QB rookies look. Anyine remember how many INT's Manning threw his rookie year? This year, Burrow and Herbert played better than I think most expected (especially Herbert), But Tua has been ok. There have been times he's held the ball too long and taken bad sacks, but he will learn from that. He has zero weapons around him, including no real downfield threat. The RB's have played over the heads, but they are not good either. Bottom line, he needs some more pieces, and a full (healthy) off season as you mentioned. I've seen more than one person lately try and compare Tua to the Bills Josh Allen and say Tua isn't even in his ballpark. Well, right now, Allen is much better... but go back and compare his rookie year numbers to Tua's. They are very similar, with Tua's looking better in most areas.

He has zero weapons around him, including no real downfield threat.

I agree with everything you have to say, except that. That's just not true. There are weapons, evidenced by Fitzpatrick coming in to get them the ball and save the game. They may not be All Pros but they are still capable NFL players. Tua just wasn't getting them the ball. It looks like a confidence issue because he has the talent to put the ball in those tight windows but so far, not the will to try for fear of making a mistake.

I agree with everything you have to say, except that. That's just not true. There are weapons, evidenced by Fitzpatrick coming in to get them the ball and save the game. They may not be All Pros but they are still capable NFL players. Tua just wasn't getting them the ball. It looks like a confidence issue because he has the talent to put the ball in those tight windows but so far, not the will to try for fear of making a mistake.
Yeah I watched that game. He had opportunities with guys getting open.... A full off season will be huge for him, I'll expect big things next year

Fitzpatrick came in and ran the offense better, got the ball out quicker. Had a couple of nice throws to the TE over the middle, but most everything was short throws just like Tua was making. BUT, the RB turned a 5 yard pass and a broken tackle into a 60 yard TD. Then his best play of the game was a lucky heave (when he was getting his helmet torn off) against a blown coverage down the sideline which seemed like it stayed in the air longer than a punt.

And yes, they are NFL players, but they aren't good NFL players. In fairness, they have injuries at WR that have hurt.

Something keep an eye on this weekend. Derrick Henry needs 223 yards to hit the 2,000 yard mark this season.

223 will be tough, but he’s going against a Houston defense that he has torched in recent meetings...you know he has his eyes on 2,000.

I know it’s a huge transition going from college to the NFL but I also know Tua was labeled a generational player. To be honest, I can’t bear to watch him anymore this season. He looks nothing like the can’t miss top QB prospect he was early in his Junior year. He’s making poor decisions, poor throws and looks totally out of sorts. Many folks are already labeling him a bust and some of the ESPN guys are now asking if he too was just another beneficiary of the Bama system? Does anyone have any knowledge on what’s going on with Tua? Has he not really recovered from the hip injury and was brought in too soon? One of the pundits today said he doesn’t have as much zip on the ball as he expected and as big of an arm as he had been told to expect. Maybe if the hips not fully well, that could account for his passing woes. No kidding though ... today, Tua looked more like McElroy than Tua.

Back
Top Bottom