| MBB/WBB Alabama falls at Georgia; 82-76

Looks like it was a good thing I have not watched the 2nd half. No idea what has happened but this is pathetic. May have to change my projections of 7-5 the next 12 games.

Oats has to put some of this on himself and his staff. Can't coddle these guys. Looks like he drank the rat poison as much as the team.

Last edited:
Oats has a serious problem on his hands.

-Shackelford- he's too thick. He's slow on defense. He is no longer able to make the spin moves and euro steps he was awesome at last year. He scored well tonight, but if he had the effort of Ellis he would have scored 50.

- Quinnerly - he has lost his spark. Team is literally yelling at him to take threes, and he gives them up. Just didn't seem like he wanted it tonight.

- Ellis - dude has heart and fights his ass off every game, all game. I see him as a solution, not a problem.

Davidson - ton of talent, but makes dumb mistakes. He can sky, but he falls a part at the rim.

Rojas - alot like Ellis, all heart. Oats knows Rojas is his go-to guy when we need it as far as intensity. Y'all say hetakes bad threes, but no one else is freaking doing it.

I learned a lot by being there tonight. My eight year old son could pass the ball better than I just saw from D-1 athletes. Lazy and errant passes that killed every bit of momentum we had. That drive in and kick out bullshit has got to go. Turnovers were unreal. Free throws we trash too. No effort from our biggest "stars". Been wanting to catch a game for years now and get to watch that. Disappointing to say the least.

I ask this question again what happened after the Houston game? This team looked like a Final Four team. Since that game they are 5-6.

I’ve tried to be optimistic about this team, but damn. How the hell did we beat Houston and Gonzaga. This is not the same team. We are an embarrassment after this showing. Why I don’t even read those early season tournament ranking forecasts. We sure aren’t a 3-4 seed. If we keep this up, we’ll be a bubble team. I know there’s parity this year, but we’re losing consistently to good and bad teams, small schools, big schools, hell, probably some girls teams if we played them.

I’ve tried to be optimistic about this team, but damn. How the hell did we beat Houston and Gonzaga. This is not the same team. We are an embarrassment after this showing. Why I don’t even read those early season tournament ranking forecasts. We sure aren’t a 3-4 seed. If we keep this up, we’ll be a bubble team. I know there’s parity this year, but we’re losing consistently to good and bad teams, small schools, big schools, hell, probably some girls teams if we played them.
You certainly are optimistic if you think this team is a bubble team at this point

That drive in and kick out bullshit has got to go
This is Oats offense like it or not. I am telling you guys the team and coaches drank the rat poison and had to have let off the practice intensity somehow. Stopped paying attention to the little things that matter. Now that they have been taken down several notches they have lost their confidence. Bad time to do that but sometimes these teams get their backs to the wall and come out swinging. No idea what happened last night or if this team has it in them. Surely this has to be rock bottom. If not the next 3 games will do it for them.

Back
Top Bottom