| GAME THREAD Alabama defeats Florida, 31-29

Narratives I suspect will get on my nerves before the game kicks off.

• Alabama achilles heel is mobile quarterbacks than can throw.

It's easy to look back and find losses for the Tide because there are so few. In my view, it's lazy to automatically push "here's their problem" while ignoring how many mobile quarterbacks the Tide have faced and contained.

• Florida let Bama off the hook / Bama struggled to beat Florida last season.

No doubt, it was one of the toughest match-ups the Tide faced last season. And yes, they did their best to come back in that game. And that's the point here, "come back." If you'll recall Florida didn't have the ball with a chance to take the lead except for the last few seconds of the game (they ran one play.) The lead was never in jeopardy...they were playing catch up from the minute they kicked the field goal instead of getting a touchdown.

E_keEacXsAIMHny

Narratives I suspect will get on my nerves before the game kicks off.

• Alabama achilles heel is mobile quarterbacks than can throw.

It's easy to look back and find losses for the Tide because there are so few. In my view, it's lazy to automatically push "here's their problem" while ignoring how many mobile quarterbacks the Tide have faced and contained.

• Florida let Bama off the hook / Bama struggled to beat Florida last season.

No doubt, it was one of the toughest match-ups the Tide faced last season. And yes, they did their best to come back in that game. And that's the point here, "come back." If you'll recall Florida didn't have the ball with a chance to take the lead except for the last few seconds of the game (they ran one play.) The lead was never in jeopardy...they were playing catch up from the minute they kicked the field goal instead of getting a touchdown.
...another narrative that gets on my nerves every week - ESPN College Game Day crew pushing that fat-fuck "Bear" like he's some sort of a sage. 1631975711497.png

...another narrative that gets on my nerves every week - ESPN College Game Day crew pushing that fat-fuck "Bear" like he's some sort of a sage.
It's rare you'll find a pro bettor who hits over 55% of the time. The majority are in the 53-54% range. It's very rare to see one hit 60%.

When we were getting into the season of '20 I looked back to see what kind of winning percentage Fallica carried. Two things I noticed that impressed me and one of those was he was carrying a winning percentage of 56%+. Damn good. There were two season's he was at 60%+; back to back seasons.

Put a cold beer in front of him with a basket of hot wings and the bit would 'air' better.

He’s had years under 50% as well. Maybe won slightly more than he’s lost, but not by much.
It would have to have been in 2013 or 2014, the first two years he was in his current on-air role. The numbers I saw ran from '15-'19. I don't know how he did last season but it's probably on the 'net.

Back
Top Bottom