| PRO Alabama and the NFL Draft : April 28th - 30th.~ BAMA has tied Miami for the most consecutive drafts with a first round pick

Best of luck to all of these guys. They all worked hard and gave what they had to Bama. I think both Slade and Allen could have come back but not sure. If they had that as an option they probably should have come back. They can still carve a path for themselves in their post Bama days. Good to them.

With a bachelors and masters degree.
I don't know, just guessing here.

I'd think Slade knows he has a chance to make a roster but his odds aren't great. He also knows he has that masters in pocket. So what decision does he make?

"Hell, I'll give it a shot!"

I can't blame him at all even with two years of eligibility left. I feel wanting him to stay one more year, or two, is also asking him to put his life on pause: for football.

I feel wanting him to stay one more year, or two, is also asking him to put his life on pause: for football.
One thing about hard contact football...when its-done ...its-done...period
Its the gladiator sport..
.baseball...can move on to softball...as one ages
Basketball...all kind of city leagues...

But hard contact football...is..or should be ...no more

And most grow up playing because they love playing....

So 2 more years at bama...would be hard to give that up...period

Slade is likely to land on practice squad somewhere and I can see him making roster eventually.

It’s no secret that I’m not a Bolden fan. Yes, he contributed some during his time at Alabama but, in my opinion, he doesn’t have the physical tools to make an NFL roster. He’s doesn’t have elite speed (4.66 at the combine), he’s not tall (5’11”), has short arms (29 3/8”) and he pretty much needs to be wide open to catch the ball.

Will he be Gehrig Dieter 2.0? Time will tell. Dieter is 6’3” and hasn’t made an impact in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom