| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: 4 star TE, Kaleb Edwards, commits to Bama

My hypothesis is that players were willing to take less money to come play for CNS. Not sure they will do that at this poit under CKD.
To be fair, CKD and CNS had different philosophy. Saban was all about equality. CKD is all about "Hey if this is here to stay, we'll take advantage of it." That's what Kiffin is doing... Doesnt meant they all like it.

Some info on Haywood, he's been in the Under Armor circuit camps and been showing out a lot lately. He ranked #2 among all players in the Dallas camp a week or two ago. Going against a lot of 4 and 5 star defensive guys he stonewalled almost everyone. If there was a wish-list I'd put him near the top of mine.

Last edited:
Small Update for Recruiting from this previous week:

Juju Lewis - 5-star - visited on March 8th-9th and seemingly enjoyed his time here. He's also expected back again in April (Maybe Spring Game) and looks like he may be planning an OV in the future during the season. Lewis is definitely a flip to watch for over the year, he's been a fan and attending/visiting since he was 8 years old. I know he's said he's firmly a USC commitment but he wouldn't be planning this many trips if he was set in stone on that.

Luke Metz - LB out of Mill Creek - 3 star (On the verge of 4-star may rise during the year) received an offer - By all thoughts he is a Bama lock, apparently grew up a Bama fan and after the offer it probably would only take a OV and some reminding that he's home.

Caleb Cunningham - 5-star WR - MSST commitment currently - Also visited this weekend, a lot of buzz is that he was floored by his visit with the staff and players. He stayed well past when he was scheduled and was hanging out with the players, apparently we have Coach Shep to thank for that. Look out for this one, he hasn't said he'll make an official but wouldn't be surprised to see him back a few more times before the end of the season. Flip target most likely.

Javion Hilson - Previous Bama Commit - Flipped to FSU, is also under fire from Bama's recruiting team and is another one to look out for as a potential flip target and a return to the tide. Think he also took an unofficial sometime last week.

Na'eem Offord - Nothing much to report, he definitely visited Bama enjoyed meeting the staff and coaches but it does not look like he's an immediate flip target. He seems rather locked in with Ohio State still, we shall see if things change but for now I don't think he's a big target anymore. Time to push our resources elsewhere.

Also for those not following the star rankings Jamie Ffrench previous Alabama commit has been lowered to a 4 star and is trending to Ohio State, but Bama's not far behind, will take the end of the year to figure this one out.

Last edited:
Small Update for Recruiting from this previous week:

Juju Lewis - 5-star - visited on March 8th-9th and seemingly enjoyed his time here. He's also expected back again in April (Maybe Spring Game) and looks like he may be planning an OV in the future during the season. Lewis is definitely a flip to watch for over the year, he's been a fan and attending/visiting since he was 8 years old. I know he's said he's firmly a USC commitment but he wouldn't be planning this many trips if he was set in stone on that.

Luke Metz - LB out of Mill Creek - 3 star (On the verge of 4-star may rise during the year) received an offer - By all thoughts he is a Bama lock, apparently grew up a Bama fan and after the offer it probably would only take a OV and some reminding that he's home.

Caleb Cunningham - 5-star WR - MSST commitment currently - Also visited this weekend, a lot of buzz is that he was floored by his visit with the staff and players. He stayed well past when he was scheduled and was hanging out with the players, apparently we have Coach Shep to thank for that. Look out for this one, he hasn't said he'll make an official but wouldn't be surprised to see him back a few more times before the end of the season. Flip target most likely.

Javion Hilson - Previous Bama Commit - Flipped to FSU, is also under fire from Bama's recruiting team and is another one to look out for as a potential flip target and a return to the tide. Think he also took an unofficial sometime last week.

Na'eem Offord - Nothing much to report, he definitely visited Bama enjoyed meeting the staff and coaches but it does not look like he's an immediate flip target. He seems rather locked in with Ohio State still, we shall see if things change but for now I don't think he's a big target anymore. Time to push our resources elsewhere.

Also for those not following the star rankings Jamie Ffrench previous Alabama commit has been lowered to a 4 star and is trending to Ohio State, but Bama's not far behind, will take the end of the year to figure this one out.
Thank you for the update.

After reviewing our roster, it just occurred to me how many players we could lose after this season. Lots of players will have completed at least 3 seasons. We could lose a ton on the DL, our two starting LBs (and the only LBs with any experience), and all of our defensive backs with any experience -- the transfers from USC and Michigan in addition to Malachi Moore and Devonta. So we're talking a complete overhaul on D. On offense our two seasoned OGs could go. If Pritchett wins either starting OT job and has a good season, I could see him gone. We will lose our two most experienced TEs. Plus, these days we have to account for more vacancies from additional transfers.

The point is, CKD's first class in '25 will have to be comparable to Saban's historic second class to keep the program from dipping noticeably. And let's face it, signing a class close to Saban's '08 class will be exponentially harder in this era. CKD will have to sign not only a huge class, but he will have to replace a lot of 5 and 4 star talent.

I believe that we are entering a new era in college football where recruiting is not the lifeblood of a program. Oh it is still important, and you still want to sign a good class. But with the advent of unrestricted free agency, you can field a talented team through the portal. Ole Miss has done it. Oregon has done it. Lots of schools are getting their talent through the portal. For that matter coach DeBoer did it at Washington. As long as you get a top 20 class in recruiting and fill in gaps with the portal, you can end up filling your roster with 4-5 stars and compete for titles. I think DeBoer is going to be a very good recruiter, but I also think he will manage the portal better than Saban, who did find a few gems during his tenure.

After reviewing our roster, it just occurred to me how many players we could lose after this season. Lots of players will have completed at least 3 seasons. We could lose a ton on the DL, our two starting LBs (and the only LBs with any experience), and all of our defensive backs with any experience -- the transfers from USC and Michigan in addition to Malachi Moore and Devonta. So we're talking a complete overhaul on D. On offense our two seasoned OGs could go. If Pritchett wins either starting OT job and has a good season, I could see him gone. We will lose our two most experienced TEs. Plus, these days we have to account for more vacancies from additional transfers.

The point is, CKD's first class in '25 will have to be comparable to Saban's historic second class to keep the program from dipping noticeably. And let's face it, signing a class close to Saban's '08 class will be exponentially harder in this era. CKD will have to sign not only a huge class, but he will have to replace a lot of 5 and 4 star talent.
You know we have transfer portal?

The one thing I wished Alabama would do is get a collegiate wrestling program started..We have a lot of great wrestlers leaving this state that compete in dual sports.. It would be nice to get some of those wrestlers at our school playing dual sports..namely football..

Back
Top Bottom