| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: 2025 5-star RB Akylin Dear announces he's headed to Bama.

I realize all this. But 99% of programs would be thinking of his future, rather than the position he’s most comfortable or familiar with. Unless he has freakish speed he should be developing into a TE. But my point is due to our need for size at WR, and having sufficient depth at TE, he’s at WR for now.
I think the move was more about need at WR and the abilities he possesses at his current weight rather than trying to add 30-35lbs to him now and use 2-3 years down the road. Like WR Coach said, they didn’t want him banging around 275lb+ guys all day and likely get abused at his current weight. Now, he is a threat on the perimeter. Not sure about our current # of true TEs or how the guys will be used, but it looks like we are recruiting a couple of true traditional TE types.

It benefits him... to be able to go back and forth. it'll help his NFL Career.
It might benefit his immediate production, and by consequence, his college salary. But as I said, unless he’s got Randy Moss-type hands and speed, any time not spent learning the nuances of TE will delay his NFL viability. This brings to mind how NIL will affect the readiness of certain NFL draftees. Will college NIL deals induce players and coaches to prioritize the short term at the expense of professional development??? Will be interesting to see how initial NFL contracts respond.

High school kids are often played "out of position", usually out of need because of few players to fill positions. Probably happens at smaller colleges and lower divisions in college. But quality caching staffs in the more competitive, higher divisions, will usually put their players in their most natural position, whether WR or TE or where ever. Players try different positions all the time in practice and evaluated for which suits them best and gives players the most opportunity for PT. Of course, players have to be OK with learning and playing a different position than they played in high school.

High school kids are often played "out of position", usually out of need because of few players to fill positions. Probably happens at smaller colleges and lower divisions in college. But quality caching staffs in the more competitive, higher divisions, will usually put their players in their most natural position, whether WR or TE or where ever. Players try different positions all the time in practice and evaluated for which suits them best and gives players the most opportunity for PT. Of course, players have to be OK with learning and playing a different position than they played in high school.
Truth! My HS coach moved me from WR/3rd TE my sophomore year to QB midseason. I bitched the rest of the year. He moved me from DE to FS as well. 6 games into my junior year at QB and I was receiving A LOT of attention from colleges.

Looks like Meadows is headed to LSU. Don’t know how to post a link it’s on TDA.
Yes and Boucard went to Oklahoma. Bama tried on Meadows but the push for LSU was large and NIL was a very large factor in this final decision. Not saying he chased the money completely but it was a large reason he postponed last week and LSU took a large leap this week

Yes and Boucard went to Oklahoma. Bama tried on Meadows but the push for LSU was large and NIL was a very large factor in this final decision. Not saying he chased the money completely but it was a large reason he postponed last week and LSU took a large leap this week
Look at their depth chart at WR.

This is a good example the differences between programs and how they handle the NIL era. Some will spend A LOT of money on just a few guys.

Jinx (League of Legends) - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom