| FTBL Alabama #2 in AP, Coaches, Harris, and BCS polls.

I don't really understand that... Penn State played a Michigan team that Ole Miss would've eaten alive...and while they won handily...they still struggled.

I'm fine with Penn State nabbing a couple of first place votes. I'm also pleased that we stayed #2. No reason to move Penn State above us because Big Blue had them on the ropes in the first half.

Status Quo is just fine. When you get as high as we are, there's only one spot higher, and a whole bunch lower.

Penn ST has played
Coastal Carolina
Oregon State
Syracuse
Temple
Illinois
Purdue
Wisconsi
Michigan

Not exactly top 10 teams up to this point,
I will say this about Alabama they are the ugliest 7-0 team in America, but so was the 92 team. I remember hearing the uglliest 12-0 team in the country. That worked out good way back then, lets hope this does.

I don't think that are an UGLY 7-0. But I do think that of the undefeated teams, our schedule has been more challenging. We just saw what Penn State has played, and there is NO DEFENSE at all in the Big 12. I mean Texas has given up something like 66 points in the past two games, against admittedly awesome QB's. But I'm not sure that Texas can play SEC defenses week in and week out. We do. And we've got another next week.

Anybody think Texas could score 56 on Georgia? LSU? Florida? Alabama?

Optimus said:
Penn ST has played
Coastal Carolina
Oregon State
Syracuse
Temple
Illinois
Purdue
Wisconsi
Michigan

I will say this about Alabama they are the ugliest 7-0 team in America, but so was the 92 team. I remember hearing the uglliest 12-0 team in the country. That worked out good way back then, lets hope this does.

Any team that goes through the SEC undefeated is going to look ugly when compared to other undefeated schools on paper. The overall talent in the SEC may be down some this year, but it is still light years ahead of any other conference (from top to bottom) in terms of talent and coaching. The SEC schedule is a true gauntlet, and these team pound on each other each week. Those other teams don't receive such weekly treatment from most of their conference foes.

I believe teams like Texas and Oklahoma could compete very well in the SEC but i don't think they would have as near as much success as they do in their pass happy conference.

Porter said:
Optimus said:
Penn ST has played
Coastal Carolina
Oregon State
Syracuse
Temple
Illinois
Purdue
Wisconsi
Michigan

Any team that goes through the SEC undefeated is going to look ugly when compared to other undefeated schools on paper. The overall talent in the SEC may be down some this year, but it is still light years ahead of any other conference (from top to bottom) in terms of talent and coaching. The SEC schedule is a true gauntlet, and these team pound on each other each week. Those other teams don't receive such weekly treatment from most of their conference foes.

I agree with you brother Porter. I'd rather look "UGLY' and win the be pretty and lose! LOL!!!!! Judas! :wink:

Only thing that scares me is foucs in the second half. Other than that we are so young it's freaking scary how good this team can become!

BCS Poll.

1 Texas
2 Alabama
3 Penn State
4 Oklahoma
5 Southern California
6 Oklahoma State
7 Georgia
8 Texas Tech
9 Ohio State
10 Florida
11 Utah
12 Boise State
13 LSU
14 TCU
15 Missouri
16 South Florida
17 Pittsburgh
18 Georgia Tech
19 Tulsa
20 Ball State
21 Brigham Young
22 Northwestern
23 Kansas
24 Minnesota
25 Florida State

Remember, fellas...the AP Poll is the one who bolted the BCS format at the end of the 2003 season when their beloved USC didn't make the Big Game. And, when LSU beat OU for the BCS title, the AP named USC their 2003 NC. (Dang, that's a lot of initials! :shock: )

Question: If, by some quirk of fate, Alabama was undefeated but missed the BCSCG and the AP named us their champion, would we claim it? A lot of people gave the Trojans hell for accepting the AP title. Wonder what we'd do if the shoe was on the other foot.

As long as we keep winning ranking wont matter cause if we win out we will be where we should be.

I agree. I think the only team that can hurt BAMA is BAMA. If we take care of business then it won't matter. BAMA fans just should be grateful that we are even in the Natl. Championship talk because it's been a long time and people forget we are still way ahead of schedule. So I'm going to enjoy it! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom