| LIFE A phone photo thread...

You bought it?
No. But maybe.

Normally I get an email about the shows. I didn't get one this time. The guy who lives behind me asked if I wanted to tag along yesterday or I would have likely missed the event.

If I'd have known I'd have pulled out the cash. As it is I'm going to call a friend and see how much cash he has onhand. I can only withdraw $500 every 24hrs at SCFCU.

I do most of my buying from palmetto state armory. You can find some decent deals on firearms and ammo both
I used to buy most of my ammo from Palmetto before I started shopping around a bit. Go to Ammo Seek and use their filter to get rid of the high shipping companies. I sort for an "8" or higher on shipping, which includes a minimal shipping fee, a "conditionally free" (minimum purchase) or straight free shipping. I also filter my search for brass case only, new only. Outdoor Limited, SGAmmo and Rivertown Munitions all rate highly and are generally near the top. Right now, you can get 9MM Winchester white box for about 26 cents a round on a 1,000 rounds through Outdoor Limited. PMC .556 running about 44 cents, again on a 1,000 round purchase. Both of these with free shipping.

On the Winchester ammo, Winchester has had two rebate offers over the last six months, the one that just ended was 20% off, up to $75 off any one box of ammo. That put the cost of that 1,000 round 9MM box down to about 20 cents a round. When that deal is out, it's only for one box, so you have to watch and make sure you're not getting two 500 round boxes instead of the single 1,000 round box.

RTR,

Tim

No. But maybe.

Normally I get an email about the shows. I didn't get one this time. The guy who lives behind me asked if I wanted to tag along yesterday or I would have likely missed the event.

If I'd have known I'd have pulled out the cash. As it is I'm going to call a friend and see how much cash he has onhand. I can only withdraw $500 every 24hrs at SCFCU.
Aight, I just couldn't tell if you only made it to four booths until you found something you wanted, or if you had an intervening event...

I've got two guns I'm looking out for right now. One is a Remington 1991 R1, nice gun, but my interest is in the ones made in Huntsville. I got a Kimber Alabama Bicentennial 1911 (made in Troy) a bit ago. If Kimber truly has moved all production to Troy as I've read, then there will be Alabama rifle and wheel guns to look at from them, but my goodness they think a lot of them.

Aight, I just couldn't tell if you only made it to four booths until you found something you wanted, or if you had an intervening event...
We were there for about an hour and a half. I just get too caught up looking at things. I liken it to reading fiction and non-fiction. I'll fly through the first and tend to be methodical on the latter. With these shows I'm methodical: methodical on diazepam. 🙃 Take the muskets as an example...I want to hold it to feel its weight, find out when it was manufactured, etc.

I used to buy most of my ammo from Palmetto before I started shopping around a bit. Go to Ammo Seek and use their filter to get rid of the high shipping companies. I sort for an "8" or higher on shipping, which includes a minimal shipping fee, a "conditionally free" (minimum purchase) or straight free shipping. I also filter my search for brass case only, new only. Outdoor Limited, SGAmmo and Rivertown Munitions all rate highly and are generally near the top. Right now, you can get 9MM Winchester white box for about 26 cents a round on a 1,000 rounds through Outdoor Limited. PMC .556 running about 44 cents, again on a 1,000 round purchase. Both of these with free shipping.

On the Winchester ammo, Winchester has had two rebate offers over the last six months, the one that just ended was 20% off, up to $75 off any one box of ammo. That put the cost of that 1,000 round 9MM box down to about 20 cents a round. When that deal is out, it's only for one box, so you have to watch and make sure you're not getting two 500 round boxes instead of the single 1,000 round box.

RTR,

Tim
I just got in some .556 from PSA, the 20rd boxes were on sale cheaper per rd than the 1000 rd boxes. I paid right at $.45 a rd. Just have to deal with 100 small boxes rather than 2 big boxes…
Florida gun exchange has descent sales on occasion as well.
I’ll check out Ammo Seek for sure as well thanks..
I’m on both mailing lists so I get new adds almost daily.

Back
Top Bottom