| LIFE A phone photo thread...

In the Smithsonian today...

From that chair, a legion of idiotic statements that made simultaneously shake our heads and ellllllll o elllllll ourselves to death! How far have we fallen as a society when pc oversensitives can't see the purpose of this show. Fine.PXL_20230626_155627439.jpg

@ Ford's Theater today

View attachment 24740
If you get the chance, drop by the Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Monument). Its size usually takes folks by surprise. In my early stints in DC, I would stay in Rosslyn and walk by it every day. It's about a ten minute walk from the Rosslyn Metro, which in itself is something to take in given the escalator is one of the world's longest continuous runs.

If you get the chance, drop by the Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Monument). Its size usually takes folks by surprise. In my early stints in DC, I would stay in Rosslyn and walk by it every day. It's about a ten minute walk from the Rosslyn Metro, which in itself is something to take in given the escalator is one of the world's longest continuous runs.
My grandfather saw them raise the flag both times.

If you go on Tuesday evenings in the summer, the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps do their parade with the Silent Drill Team. It’s incredible to watch. Usually every Tuesday night at 7pm during the summer. I haven’t been this summer yet though. Be there July 11th.

Here’s a unique one. Walking out of Dick’s and wondered why a car parked right beside my truck when the whole lot was empty. Noticed the gal was hacked in and staring at the door. As my son got between the truck and her car, heard the gal yell “hurry”. Looked back and two black male teens were running full speed pushing shopping carts overloaded with clothes across the parking lot. I holler at my son to run around to my side of the truck and pulled my firearm and my phone to take photos. Thought better if standing in front of their car while they piled the clothes in the trunk. I called the local PD, met them there and gave them my photos and license plate number. Went in and met with manager as well. To my surprise they actually worked the case and arrested the grubs. And no, they had not paid for the two shopping carts full of Nike gear. Probably said they forgot that step. Just another trip to Dick’s Sporting Goods for RT24.

1915E8D9-8E3B-4B5F-9BF2-22D9BAB8032E.jpeg

Here’s a unique one. Walking out of Dick’s and wondered why a car parked right beside my truck when the whole lot was empty. Noticed the gal was hacked in and staring at the door. As my son got between the truck and her car, heard the gal yell “hurry”. Looked back and two black male teens were running full speed pushing shopping carts overloaded with clothes across the parking lot. I holler at my son to run around to my side of the truck and pulled my firearm and my phone to take photos. Thought better if standing in front of their car while they piled the clothes in the trunk. I called the local PD, met them there and gave them my photos and license plate number. Went in and met with manager as well. To my surprise they actually worked the case and arrested the grubs. And no, they had not paid for the two shopping carts full of Nike gear. Probably said they forgot that step. Just another trip to Dick’s Sporting Goods for RT24.

You did well, pal. The sad thing is, 95% chance nothing of any significant consequence will happen to any of them...

You did well, pal. The sad thing is, 95% chance nothing of any significant consequence will happen to any of them...

View attachment 24830
Good work all around. The tough part is that you prevented the theft of Nike products...their target market includes those who'd rather steal than pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This fella was hanging out with me yesterday by the pool…

View attachment 24849

1c74afd6-86ae-49fb-931b-995622214f4c_text.gif

This is my sons girlfriend and her dog. The funny thing is this dog (thinks she’s people) will watch tv for hours!!!! I was helping them do some work on this house they’re remodeling while they live there. We stopped to eat and I walked into the tv area and saw this. Got the video, but it’s too “big” to put in the video thread. I laughed so much I was done for the day.IMG_4254.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom