| FTBL Alabama football to host fan day in 2023 for first time in four years

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Alabama football to host fan day in 2023 for first time in four years

After a three-season hiatus, Alabama football's annual fan day will return on August 5.

The 2023 version will have a twist: only fans who pay to subscribe the school's NIL entity launched earlier this year, Yea Alabama, will be allowed on the field to get autographs from players and coaches, including Nick Saban.

Alabama did not hold a fan day in 2020, 2021 or 2022 as COVID and the advent of NIL shook the norms of college football. The event, last held in 2019, featured what was known as the "running of the gumps," or fans running onto the field after practice to earn prime spots for autographs. That will now be a ticketed event following a free, two-hour open practice Bryant-Denny Stadium that will begin at 2:30 p.m. CT.

"Field access for the autograph session will be granted to Yea Alabama members by showing an official digital Yea Alabama autograph session ticket that will be emailed in advance of the event," the school said in a release Monday. "Yea Alabama members are permitted to bring one child ages 12-and-under as their guest to the autograph session. All adults attending the autograph session will be required to present their official digital autograph session ticket. In an effort to facilitate as many autographs in the time allotted, Yea Alabama members will be limited to one item per person for autographs, and no posed photographs will be permitted."

Yea Alabama was established in February as a school-affiliated NIL collective, replacing the third-party High Tide Traditions that was created a year earlier. Fans pay a monthly membership fee and receive "exclusive content and event invitations" in return for funding the entity that pays players.

After over 60 years of supporting bama football......good times n bad...( i wouldnt go anyway)

I dont qualify...but.....a person using such as a write off..and been a "fan" for a year or 2 does...

Another one of the ADs....fuck fans...we only recognize $$$$$$$$$....

I dont qualify...but.....a person using such as a write off..and been a "fan" for a year or 2 does...
What write off?

The only people that'll be writing things off for games this season are in the corporate suites and that write off is likely under entertainment expenses.

I suppose if someone bought a shirt for their kids from Yea Alabama and those kids aren't their own (like Casey's baseball team) they could claim charitable deduction. 🤷‍♂️

@It Takes Eleven you've looked at this a little deeper, haven't you?

from last fan day

EE1V3632-X3.jpg

What write off?

The only people that'll be writing things off for games this season are in the corporate suites and that write off is likely under entertainment expenses.

I suppose if someone bought a shirt for their kids from Yea Alabama and those kids aren't their own (like Casey's baseball team) they could claim charitable deduction. 🤷‍♂️

Some have cpa-s that figure how to write anything off....you know that

Was a lot of fun when I took kids...gkids....all those tmes to meet players..coaches....

What write off?

It was on another thread, but the IRS has, uncharacteristically, gotten out on the deductibility of NIL contributions. I think I noted that, in a normal world, a for-profit entity pays someone to hawk their product or service, and in doing so they (trannies aside) bolster the demand for their product. In the NIL pretend world, they have simply gathered funds to entice someone to play football for a particular school, commercial appeal be damned. From a tax standpoint, both positions are identical, and neither can be viewed as a contribution. Again, the yellawoods of the world don't think in terms of pre-tax/after-tax, but it might dissuade the second- or third-tier money folks.

I'm thinking you're wrong here. NIL donations can't be deducted: the system has been restructured (tax laws.)
But can put a pig in a dress...still.....

But i aint an accountant.....or have such means anymore to hide..shift...manipulate..$$$$....for tax purposes...

So......i stand corrected...maybe...possibly...somewhat...

Last edited:
But can put a pig in a dress...still.....

But i aint an accountant.....or have such means anymore to hide..shift...manipulate..$$$$....for tax purposes...

So......i stand corrected...maybe...possibly...somewhat...
If you're right, let's follow how that would progress.

Joe Donor decides he's going to manipulate his donation to the NIL for for Joe Player. Joe Donor is breaking US tax laws: tax fraud. Now we've got a player, Joe Player, who has received money from tax fraud. With compliance departments and personal advisor directing these athletes, do you think they're going to risk criminal charges?

I understand your skepticism with taxes: a lot avoid paying any amount they can. I don't see this as a "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing." There are too many hands involved.

Literally, this is hand in hand with the change in the law where you can't deduct Tide Pride fees any longer.

Back
Top Bottom