| GAME THREAD šŸˆ A-Day, 2024 šŸˆ Recaps, opinions, and reports.

JMO but Bama (regardless to Nick leaving) doesn't have the Jimmy and Joe's at DL nor ILB. Lawson is just above average and the others even less.

Is Otis about to hit the portal tomorrow? I saw this info from back in March for KD as far as Otis.

The Alabama football team has had some talented players emerge as true freshmen over the years, and Jeheim Oatis is a recent one the Crimson Tide are hoping can continue to progress.

But Oatis has had a quiet spring so far for the Crimson Tide. On Thursday, coach Kalen DeBoer was asked about Oatisā€™ injury status.

He gave a fairly non-committal answer.

ā€œYeah I donā€™t know that. I do know, but I think itā€™s still kind of relative, kind of up in the air still,ā€ Kalen DeBoer said. ā€œI mean Iā€™m certainly aware of that, obviously.ā€

How in the hell does 22 and 26 fall behind Roydell and Chase in 23? Hopefully the seniority system is history.

The transfer QB from Washington has a long way to go. Jalen and TY are neck and neck and I hope we can keep both for 24. One QB is leaving. The money folks hopefully will increase the cash for TY. Jalen is probably already doing OK.

I am going with 9-3 (8-3 worse and 10-2 best) for 24.

The grass was an embarrassment.

Based on yesterday, Milroe has a real problem. I think he will lose out to Simpson. Love the kid to death, but he doesn't appear to have any touch on the ball. Reminds me of Freddie Kitchens with the short passing game.

Jmo

JMO but Bama (regardless to Nick leaving) doesn't have the Jimmy and Joe's at DL nor ILB. Lawson is just above average and the others even less.

Is Otis about to hit the portal tomorrow? I saw this info from back in March for KD as far as Otis.

The Alabama football team has had some talented players emerge as true freshmen over the years, and Jeheim Oatis is a recent one the Crimson Tide are hoping can continue to progress.

But Oatis has had a quiet spring so far for the Crimson Tide. On Thursday, coach Kalen DeBoer was asked about Oatisā€™ injury status.

He gave a fairly non-committal answer.

ā€œYeah I donā€™t know that. I do know, but I think itā€™s still kind of relative, kind of up in the air still,ā€ Kalen DeBoer said. ā€œI mean Iā€™m certainly aware of that, obviously.ā€

How in the hell does 22 and 26 fall behind Roydell and Chase in 23? Hopefully the seniority system is history.

The transfer QB from Washington has a long way to go. Jalen and TY are neck and neck and I hope we can keep both for 24. One QB is leaving. The money folks hopefully will increase the cash for TY. Jalen is probably already doing OK.

The grass was an embarrassment.
on Grass: They were taking different approach to the grass. It has been raining so much the last few weeks. That was sand on the field you saw yesterday. I wouldn't trip about it. We have to keep that in mind that we could be still playing football in December... so keep that in mind.

Based on yesterday, Milroe has a real problem. I think he will lose out to Simpson. Love the kid to death, but he doesn't appear to have any touch on the ball. Reminds me of Freddie Kitchens with the short passing game.

Jmo

This is quite inaccurate takesright now. We have to stop comparing current players to former players. Different era.

Yesterday was a spring game. Glorified practice. I didn't see anything in the game for anyone to say "Milroe has a real problem." Anyone can look at the stats and say " Oh Simpson had a good scrimmage yesterday." I didn't see it like that. Simpson had many 3rd down and 4th down situation and he was able to convert. Milroe was good early on, but was struggling later in the scrimmage. As matter of fact, All of the qbs struggled later in the game. The way I looked at it, Score was tilted heavily in favor of Offense and then later shifted to Defense.

Bottom line: We will be fine. Offense should be lethal this fall. You cannot just say "Oh Simpson is going to start over Milroe." We heard that last year, and we're continuing to hear this and I don't think that's quite fair at all.

We're going to get better receivers coming in this summer.

Simpson is real good. So is Milroe. You can say Milroe is inconsistent, but so is Simpson as well. I didn't see enough to say " Oh TY is going to win the job." He did well enough to secure QB2 spot. I expect the battle to continue between them this summer and this fall.

Mack- He's going to be real good QB, but he's not ready yet. He's still young.

Now to say we're going 9-3, 8-3 or 10-2.. Based on what you saw yesterday? That's ridiculous. We're short on OL, DL and CB and we're going to fill the spot through transfer portal. This team will be real good in August. I expect us to be in conference championship.

This is quite inaccurate takesright now. We have to stop comparing current players to former players. Different era.

Yesterday was a spring game. Glorified practice. I didn't see anything in the game for anyone to say "Milroe has a real problem." Anyone can look at the stats and say " Oh Simpson had a good scrimmage yesterday." I didn't see it like that. Simpson had many 3rd down and 4th down situation and he was able to convert. Milroe was good early on, but was struggling later in the scrimmage. As matter of fact, All of the qbs struggled later in the game. The way I looked at it, Score was tilted heavily in favor of Offense and then later shifted to Defense.

Bottom line: We will be fine. Offense should be lethal this fall. You cannot just say "Oh Simpson is going to start over Milroe." We heard that last year, and we're continuing to hear this and I don't think that's quite fair at all.

We're going to get better receivers coming in this summer.

Simpson is real good. So is Milroe. You can say Milroe is inconsistent, but so is Simpson as well. I didn't see enough to say " Oh TY is going to win the job." He did well enough to secure QB2 spot. I expect the battle to continue between them this summer and this fall.

Mack- He's going to be real good QB, but he's not ready yet. He's still young.

Now to say we're going 9-3, 8-3 or 10-2.. Based on what you saw yesterday? That's ridiculous. We're short on OL, DL and CB and we're going to fill the spot through transfer portal. This team will be real good in August. I expect us to be in conference championship.
I disagree. I felt that Milroe held the ball to long, threw super hard at times and didn't see check downs.

Yes. This is a scrimmage. It's not a real game by any means and you cant say the team is good or bad really. Thats not what i meant. It's also the closest thing to "game" reps you have until actually playing a game.

But, I felt that Simpson threw the ball with some really good touch at times where Milroe to me threw it as hard as possible.

Why can't I say he reminds me of Kictchens? He's not Kitchens. Just reminds me of how hard Kitchens threw the ball.

I didn't say Milroe isn't good. I just think Simpson is more polished as a passer and will definitely challenge for the starting job.

Austin Mack i think is just young.

Once again, my opinion. Now I remember why I rarely post here.

I disagree. I felt that Milroe held the ball to long, threw super hard at times and didn't see check downs.

Yes. This is a scrimmage. It's not a real game by any means and you cant say the team is good or bad really. Thats not what i meant. It's also the closest thing to "game" reps you have until actually playing a game.

But, I felt that Simpson threw the ball with some really good touch at times where Milroe to me threw it as hard as possible.

Why can't I say he reminds me of Kictchens? He's not Kitchens. Just reminds me of how hard Kitchens threw the ball.

I didn't say Milroe isn't good. I just think Simpson is more polished as a passer and will definitely challenge for the starting job.

I want to remind you, you can post here... No one will attack you. Sure we'll laugh at you and tease you, but we definitely will not judge you for your comments. I want you to post here, There is nothing wrong with having a healthy debate on here. We're different from other board... We're not going to bully you or make you feel insignificant on here. We'll just tease you :) Post more here.

P.s. We're more obsessed with guns and women here. LOL

Simpson had some good throws during the scrimmage. He also had a pick that was reversed by a penalty and a few other throws that maybe should've been picked.

Milroe is clearly QB1 and Simpson is clearly QB2 IMO, the good news is much like I said earlier in the year. Simpson was fine being the back-up this year behind Milroe but at this time last year he was the 3rd or 4th option and felt really put off by the depth chart and his chance to get reps. As the primary heir apparent I don't think he'll be jumping ship in the portal like some people think. I said this previously if you've been reading...his Dad's a coach..he knows the business as well as anyone and he'll give his son good advice on this. Sometimes the grass aint greener. Unless he wants to start at a lower tier program he's better off waiting 1 more year to take over the reigns at Bama.

Simpson had some good throws during the scrimmage. He also had a pick that was reversed by a penalty and a few other throws that maybe should've been picked.

Milroe is clearly QB1 and Simpson is clearly QB2 IMO, the good news is much like I said earlier in the year. Simpson was fine being the back-up this year behind Milroe but at this time last year he was the 3rd or 4th option and felt really put off by the depth chart and his chance to get reps. As the primary heir apparent I don't think he'll be jumping ship in the portal like some people think. I said this previously if you've been reading...his Dad's a coach..he knows the business as well as anyone and he'll give his son good advice on this. Sometimes the grass aint greener. Unless he wants to start at a lower tier program he's better off waiting 1 more year to take over the reigns at Bama.
I don't think Simpson is quite ready to lead a team this year. I don't know if Simpson will be here because Mack... might be pushing him for the spot.

If youā€™re talking about the pick that Dre jr got - Iā€™m pretty sure that Mack threw that one.

But. Miltoe threw 5-6 passes?

Milroe is such a threat running n passing.

But i am a TY fan to. But. Lots of learning for both

Back
Top Bottom