| FTBL 6 drives 23 yards in 25 plays

Going from Sark to BOB has been like going from Kiffin to Daboll or going from the penthouse to the outhouse. He is a terrible playcaller.

Some truth to this. However, don't forget that Kiffin's last game as OC was one of the absolute worst game plans, play calls, and in having an offense prepared that Alabama has ever seen (vs. Washington). Good thing the defense was the best ever and Scarbrough was a superman.

That led to Kiffin getting let go, and Sark was not ready to put out a winning gameplan in the national title game, wasting the best defense and potentially best Alabama team ever.

Some truth to this. However, don't forget that Kiffin's last game as OC was one of the absolute worst game plans, play calls, and in having an offense prepared that Alabama has ever seen (vs. Washington). Good thing the defense was the best ever and Scarbrough was a superman.

That led to Kiffin getting let go, and Sark was not ready to put out a winning gameplan in the national title game, wasting the best defense and potentially best Alabama team ever.
Was awesome team....

I remain so incredibly frustrated with BoB's playcalling. Some will say that we had a high points per game average last year, but the points are not consistent and they are padded by the blowout wins. He shows very little creativity in plays to put our players in optimal position. Things like pre-snap motion, formations, counters, sweeps, screens, roll-outs, QB sneaks/scrambles (I know some of this is on BY), etc. We also show very little tempo/rhythm and "urgency" in getting out of the huddle, getting to the line, and getting the ball snapped. We also have so many long-developing pass plays that force the oline to hold pass pro longer and that typically results in more pressure on BY. How about some quick hitches, crossing routes, and slants to offset the pass rush? How about some design scrambles? Those things will back off the pass rush a bit. And for the love of Pete, stop calling that useless bubble screen on first down. The entire planet knows what's coming at this point. It's not only like wasting a down, but it's like wasting a down and giving up 2-3 yards - 2nd and 12, wonderful.
When Texas had obviously figured out what we were doing, he never seemed to make any adjustments or even try a new wrinkle on what we did.
Something has to change, or we will get our butts handed to us at some point.

I am not overly impressed with BoB but he did put an offense out on the field with a subpar OL that destroyed a supposedly untouchable UGA defense. BoB is not a chump change but not elite either. We can win it all with BoB BUT lots of coaching is needed to fix issues we saw in Austin which the GOAT will do.

You're not wrong, Kiffin already had two feet on the door and was clearly not at his best and I think Sark was put in a pretty difficult situation. Both of those guys proved themselves before and after.

As often as we disagree....we do not on this....i am amazed at the play calling....
Not so much that it doesnt work.....nobody's does all the time....
Its that how frigging stupid some of it is...

I think that's the big thing. Even the best playcallers will call stuff that just simply doesn't work and hell, some of them will even outhink themselves (Kiffin did that some) but the best ones will change it up when things simply aren't working. That's really one of the things that made Kiffin such a great playcaller, along with being the best OC in terms of playing to his players' strengths and building an offense around his personnel that I think I've ever seen. If BOB gets in his head that bubble screens will work against a certain defense and he has it planned to call 15 of them in a game, it doesn't matter if 90% of them are getting dropped for a loss, he's gonna call all 15 of them. He seems unable to adjust in-game.

You're not wrong, Kiffin already had two feet on the door and was clearly not at his best and I think Sark was put in a pretty difficult situation. Both of those guys proved themselves before and after.

They have. I think Kiffin has had more highs and lows, and Sark maybe more steady, at least since his 2nd stint at Alabama.

Kiffin had his share of stinkers - 2014 Arkansas anyone? 2015 Tennessee almost cost another national title.

Back
Top Bottom